Internship Human Resources Intern
Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM), an internationally recognized presenter of contemporary performing arts and cinema, is looking for a Human Resources Intern (Summer).
The Human Resources Department at BAM is looking for a Human Resources Intern for the Summer!
This internship would be focused on supporting the Human Resources Assistant with varying projects within a fast-paced office environment.
Education: High School
Position Type: Internship Paid
Pay Rate: $16 – $17.50 per hour, depending on experience/education level. Enjoy interning for a fast-paced Human Resources Department while getting to enjoy the perks of interning at BAM. Complimentary tickets to Film and live performances are one of the perks our interns get to enjoy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● To provide administrative support for the HR Department
● Assist the HR Assistant in managing data and running reports
● Ensure HR office has the supplies it requires to operate at full capacity
● Respond to employee requests in a timely manner – i.e. accruals, HRIS etc
● Process unemployment and worker’s compensation claims
● Administrative duties including organizing and filing confidential documents, faxing, sorting mail, copying and shredding
● Dispose of benefit, payroll & HR records according to record retention guidelines
● Respond to employee verifications and requests for information
● HRIS project management
● Ad-hoc projects
● Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other business intelligence reporting tools.
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Excellent computer skills in Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
● Excellent written communication skills
● Some proficiency with mathematical formulas and budgets
● Team player, customer service oriented
● Resourceful and motivated
● Highly organized and detail oriented
● High level of confidentiality
● Ability to multi-task and interact in a friendly and professional manner
● At least one year of professional work experience in an office environment
● Experience with HRIS software
● Interested in pursuing a career in Human Resources
● Problem-solving skills
How to Apply
Application Instructions: must complete an online application through BAM’s website:
Pay Rate: $16 – $17.50 per hour, depending on experience/education level.
No phone calls, emails or walk ins, please.Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Internship. Job Tags: education, human resources, internship, music, performing arts, and theatre. States: New York.
Please Share the Human Resources Intern job: