The Head Audio Person functions as a ”hands on” department head experienced in and responsible for all stage audio amplification, sound board operation, audio/visual integration, and backstage communication requirements during rehearsals, trainings and performances.
The Head Audio technician must be able to run audio department cue tracks, operate and troubleshoot audio, RF, video, and communications equipment as directed for performances, artist rehearsals, and maintenance. This includes inspection and maintenance of such systems. The Head Audio technician must be able to run the performances and rehearsal, ensure all departmental equipment, systems, functions, procedures, show tracks, maintenance and inspections logs, special projects, etc. are documented. Provide leadership and training to department staff, and interns.
This position requires a minimum of five years’ experience in audio system management, mixing, and audio/video support systems.
All Department Heads will perform necessary duties for the proper completion of performances. A Department Head may perform tasks in other areas without regard to departmental distinction; however, it is understood that these tasks shall not interfere with the safe and professional execution of their primary responsibilities to the Employer as a head of department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Uphold safe practices and maintain a safe working environment.
• Supervise crews; act as lead run crew.
• Manage the maintenance and repair of production equipment.
• Provide input on equipment purchases, rentals, repairs, and upgrades.
• Maintain production equipment and inventory in a manner that is conducive to efficient operation.
• Maintain an inventory of department spare parts, tools, and supplies.
• Maintain relationships with local production rental shops and resources.
• Perform show duties, as needed to support a performance.
• Stay abreast of best practices and new technology in your field.
• Maintain Peace Center standards of excellence.
• Execute duties and projects, as assigned.
• Assist local/resident companies with production related needs at The Peace Center.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a Theatre Audio Engineer.
• Experience working with touring Broadway productions.
• Knowledge of OSHA Regulations.
• Dante Certification
• In depth knowledge of theatrical audio / support systems, their operation, maintenance troubleshooting and repair.
• Experience with D&B Line Arrays.
• Experience with Yamaha Mixing consoles, specifically the Yamaha Rivage PM5
• Knowledge of BSS Soundweb systems.
• Experience coaching and developing stagehands in your field.
• Understanding of generally acceptable theater practices.
• Ability to operate a forklift; certification a plus.
• Working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to work well with others
• Ability to lead others with confidence and integrity.
• Able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
• Critical thinking and good judgement
• Work well under pressure both independently and as a team.
• Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
• Ability to lift and maneuver 50 lbs. repeatedly, alone or with assistance
• Ability to crouch, twist, bend, stoop, climb stairs and ladders, stand and sit for extended periods of time, reach above, below and at neck level, work at heights above the floor
How to Apply
To Apply, follow this link: thepeacecenterfoundation.isolvedhire.com/jobs/7436…↗↗
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: audio, performing arts, and sound. States: South Carolina.
Please Share the Head Audio job: