Contract Guitar Music Teacher
The Orange County Children’s Therapeutic Arts Center, OCCTAC, located in the city of Santa Ana California is looking for teaching artists to fulfill a part-time position in our music department in the guitar department.
We are looking for musicians with experience in working with children to teach VAPA standards.
• Provide instruction for elementary through intermediate school aged students
• Nurture and maintain professional and positive relationships with t staff.
• Strong classroom management skills is key.
• Be accountable for paperwork as required by program administration.
• Organize all materials for each lesson ahead of time and transport all materials to and from the center.
• Demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence when communicating with both students and adults.
• To attend monthly Professional Development sessions.
• Adjust lesson plans to serve different learning abilities.
• Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively within a team as well as independently.
• Maintain a positive ‘can do’ attitude; be proactive, flexible, and show initiative with projects, planning, and all activities related to this position.
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree in music education, performance or equivalent degree and has experience teaching music in their expertise.
• Have experience implementing arts-based curriculum to children in a structured learning environment (K-5 especially).
• Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Be comfortable using basic office computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, and Apps.
• Spanish speaker is a plus.
• Member of MTAC and knowledge of Certificate of Merit program a plus
• Must be able to pass a LiveScan and provide results from a TB test.
• 2 years minimum experience in teaching guitar to children. Must be able to instruct in a group setting and private setting with a range of beginning to early advanced students and ensemble work as well.
• Knowledge of El Sistema a plus
• Familiarity with the VAPA and Common Core Standards for education.
• Experience working with at-risk and underserved youth.
• Work well with public and staff
• have a commitment to diversity and proven ability to work effectively with persons of diverse backgrounds.
• Have a current California Driver’s license.
• Be able to effectively manage multiple complex functions and achieve goals and objectives.
• Be able to work independently, under pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified timeframes.
• Positive attitude, flexibility and problem solving mentality.
Substitute positions available now. Monday – Tuesdays, Fridays & Saturday
$25.00 per hour
Please email your resume and cover letter and direct all questions to:
Phoebe Stanciell: firstname.lastname@example.orgJob Categories: Music. Job Types: Contract. Job Tags: arts center, education, music, teaching, and teaching artist. States: California.
Please Share the Guitar Music Teacher job: