Full-Time Graphic Designer – Museum
Depending on experience, this position may be a Senior Graphic Designer or a Graphic Designer; all are encouraged to apply.
The Graphic Designer in Exhibition Design works independently under the general supervision of the Senior Design Manager in Exhibition Graphic Design to generate exhibition research and identity as well as concept, design and execution for a range of exhibitions and installations across the museum. The Graphic Designer will also generate design for museum initiatives across the institution including: Membership, Development, Education, Visitors Services, Marketing and Communications, and Digital Media. This person should be experienced creating strategy, messaging and design systems that cross applications and media (including print, digital, and environmental/signage, etc.) for diverse audiences.
This position is critical to the development of exhibition interpretation and concept design in the museum and the presentation of the diverse and expansive exhibition and installation program. This individual works closely with the Exhibition Designers in concept development and execution. They also work with the Communication Design and Production Teams to develop and produce the design and related materials for installations, and to support design alignment across departments and media. They should be flexible with screen-based design and digital platforms, and be very dexterous creatively and professionally.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Designs exhibition identity and graphics (title wall, wall graphics, text panels, labels, etc.) for large scale exhibitions
• Collaborates with curators to realize powerful exhibition experiences
• Conducts visual research and concept development
• Coordinates with curators and editorial to ensure high quality execution of exhibition texts
• Coordinates with digital media to ensure direct visual execution of graphic ideas across media
• Collaborates with Communication Team to extend exhibition identity to exhibition communications and align internal and external communications overall
• Coordinates with Production Team to install exhibition graphics
• Assures print and production quality of all materials
• Ensures timely execution and opening of exhibition
Requirements and Qualifications:
Experience and Skills:
• 3-8 years working in the expanded field of graphic design
• Solid understanding and experience creating of design systems for application across platforms
• Excellent skills in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign; After Effects and Font Lab are advantageous
• Solid skills in pre-press, specification and file preparation for diverse forms of production
• Knowledge of offset and digital print production
• Good communication skills and ability to function as part of a team
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
Knowledge and Education:
• BA, BFA or equivalent experience required
• MFA preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line of either “Dept-Design-Junior Graphic Designer” or “Dept-Design-Senior Graphic Designer”.Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, design, designer, exhibition, graphic design, and museum. States: New York.
Please Share the Graphic Designer – Museum job: