Part-Time Graphic Artist – Student
Position Type: Student
Department: CA/Enrollment Management
The Enrollment & Success Team seeks an experienced designer to work on special design projects on a part time basis. This role reports to the Senior Director of Strategy & Operations and projects include: designing, creating and laying out reports for highly publications, developing materials (posters, flyers, brochures) for events and initiatives. The graphic designer will have the opportunity to see designs through from conception to final production, expand their portfolio, and work in a professional environment that seeks to improve the educational experience of all New School students.
Work hours are 10 hours/week, spread out over 2-3 days. The pay is $15/hour. Arrangements to work remotely can be discussed. The position begins immediately and may continue through the end of the 2018−2019 academic year.
Creative and Technical Skills:
● Adept at translating data, concepts and messages into innovative designs.
● Demonstrate advanced Adobe CC skills (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop).
● Engage fully in the creative process, applying feedback and providing revisions and iterations in a timely manner.
● Ability to work with The New School’s branding and style guides to create a suite of coherent collateral across Student Success.
● Comfortable adapting designs in various formats for print and web publishing.
Project Management and Professional Skills:
● Take initiative, work independently, communicate clearly, and respond to emails reliably.
● Work efficiently in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines consistently.
● Possess strong organizational skills, a positive attitude, and professional demeanor.
● Be detail-oriented, punctual, and self-sufficient.
To apply, upload a resume, cover letter, and a minimum of two design work samples (either a link included in one of your documents or a separate uploaded file).
● Bachelor’s degree in graphic or communication design or equivalent work experience
● Experience working in a communications role, especially developing communications strategies, PR, or ad campaigns.
● Experience working with branding elements and style guides.
● Possess a well-developed aesthetic sense and design style.
● Experience with Google Drive.
● Cover Letter
● Other Document 1
HOW TO APPLY
Job Number: 0406072431Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: design, designer, education, and graphic design. States: New York.
Please Share the Graphic Artist – Student job: