Full-Time Grant Wood Fellowship – Printmaking
The University of Iowa School of Art and Art History seeks applications from emerging to established artists in printmaking for the Grant Wood Fellowship Program for the 2020-21 academic year.
The University of Iowa School of Art and Art History
College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
Department: Art & Art History
Status: Full Time Job
Salary: $40,000.00 – $40,000.00
Fellowship Recipient Responsibilities:
• Teach one class per semester in the University of Iowa School of Art & Art History, Printmaking Area. The candidate may teach either an introductory, intermediate or an advanced course depending on the needs of the program.
• Present a public lecture about their work
• Participate in limited public outreach activities (e.g.: workshops, discussion of your work with a local arts organization)
• Shared exhibition at end-of-year with the Grant Wood Fellow in Painting & Drawing, and possibly the fellow in Performing Arts.
- An appointment as a Grant Wood Visiting Assistant Professor in Printmaking.
- $40,000 salary and benefits
- private studio
- private furnished housing (in an off- campus residence)
Review of applications will begin on February 1st, 2020.
Applications must include:
- C.V. including a phone number, email, mailing address and the URL for their website
- Letter of interest
- One-page artist statement
- Link to their artist website providing digital documentation of recent work (at least 20 images with a description of work)
- 3 professional references – names and contact information only
MFA in printmaking by the start of the appointment or have a combination of education and experience that exceeds the MFA degree
Evidence of a national exhibition record.
University level teaching experience beyond their graduate career.
Understanding of a variety of conceptual approaches in the teaching of printmaking, proficiency in critical theory and contemporary art.
How to Apply:
Apply online: https://jobs.uiowa.edu/content/faculty/
Requisition Number: # 73864
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: artist, arts education, exhibition, printmaking, school, teaching, and university. States: Iowa.
Please Share the Grant Wood Fellowship – Printmaking job: