Internship Graduate Research Internship – Decorative Arts
Art of the Americas Graduate Research Internship – Decorative Arts (Latin American Project)
The Art of the Americas department studies, interprets, and manages one of the MFA’s largest permanent collections, encompassing painting, sculpture, and decorative arts from North, Central, and South America, with works spanning the art of the ancient Americas to the late 20th century.
The department is currently seeking a highly motivated graduate-level intern to participate in projects related to the Latin American collection and a forthcoming exhibition on ancient Mesoamerican and early Spanish Colonial art. This paid intern will work under the guidance of the Curator of American Decorative Arts and Sculpture. Excellent written and communication skills are required. Please highlight any foreign language skills and proficiency, Spanish preferred.
* This internship offers taxable compensation of $18 per hour.
* Applicants must provide proof of their eligibility to work in the United States.
- Creating, organizing, and maintaining object files, identifying gaps in documentation
- Gathering relevant research materials
- Researching exhibition, publication, and provenance history related to works of art that are to be included in future exhibitions and installations
- General administrative support as needed
- Enrollment in, or very recent graduation from, an accredited graduate-level art history program (i.e. M.A. or Ph.D. program)
- Demonstrated written and communication skills
- Foreign language proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese
- Knowledge of Latin American art – ancient, colonial, or modern
- Ability to commit 8-10 hours per week for at least 12 weeks through mid-April
- Ability to attend orientation from 9:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. on Sat, Jan 26, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Email a single MS-Word document containing your cover letter & resume to: email@example.comJob Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Internship. Job Tags: arts, exhibition, internship, museum, and research. States: Massachusetts.
Please Share the Graduate Research Internship – Decorative Arts job: