Since 2015, Mosaic Theater Company of DC has produced bold, culturally diverse theater that illuminates critical issues, elevates fresh voices, and sparks connections among communities throughout our region and beyond. Our values are collaboration, community, curiosity, equity, anti-racism and inclusivity. Mosaic produces 5-6 full productions, conducts year-round new play development, and implements robust community and audience engagement programs each season at the historic Atlas Performing Arts Center in northeast Washington, DC. The budget has ranged from $2M – $3M. Building on a bold strategic plan, Mosaic Theater is in growth mode.
The General Manager will have the amazing opportunity to be a creative strategist, relationship builder and arts administration leader. The GM will partner with a passionate group of staff, Board members and volunteers to advance Mosaic’s financial goals for growth. This position is ideal for a “rising star” in arts administration who is ready to help lead a robust organization. There is a hybrid work policy and generous leave.
- Reports to Managing Director Serge Seiden and works with Artistic Director Reginald L. Douglas.
- Manages two full-time staff: Finance & Accounting Manager and Business & Operations Manager
- Collaborates with department heads and contributes to important theater-wide decisions and plans.
- Works closely with the Human Resources Committee, the Finance Committee and Board, including attending all Board meetings.
- Oversee the organization’s finances, including bank relationships, manage operational and reserve accounts, line of credit and credit cards, budgeting, payroll administration, A/P and A/R, reconciliations, and financial reports. Oversee the work of the Accounting and Finance Manager
- Ensure that cash flow and quarterly financial reports are prepared for leadership’s review
- Facilitate multi year budgeting process, craft & monitor budgets in partnership with leadership and staff
IT, Administration, and Operations:
- Conduct financial negotiation with external partners and guest artists
- Conduct analysis of vendor contracts, insurance plans, and human resources
- Draft, negotiate and review contracts with independent contractors and partner organizations, both artistic and administrative
- Manage business compliance – Contractual, Government/Regulatory and Licensure.
- Manage Information Technology by coordinating external vendors to conduct maintenance, repair, and development of computers, communication and workflow applications, and new technologies for the organization
- Oversee and review procurement policies, purchases of equipment and supplies
- Manage human resources; administer employee health insurance and benefits, ongoing development of personnel policies and employee handbook
- Manage hiring, onboarding and offboarding, and evaluation/goal setting processes.
- Support Mosaic’s work to advance racial equity, inclusion and diversity
Management & Facilities:
- Participate in strategic planning. Work with staff and board to translate strategic goals into work plans
- Serve as primary liaison for facilities related issues; oversee the management of space use
- 3 – 5+ years of nonprofit management experience
- Organized and inspiring team leader, who is able to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people, and to motivate and engage staff, donors, volunteers.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, creative, persistent, resilient, and of impeccable integrity.
- Familiar with Google Suite, CRMs (Patron Manager preferred), payroll and accounting tools including QuickBooks, ADP.
- Demonstrated history of working with people from diverse cultures, backgrounds and economic strata
Salary Range: $65,000 – $70,000
- Four weeks paid time off plus holidays
- Health, dental and vision Insurance
- Simple IRA
To Apply: Submit a position specific cover letter and resume to email@example.com, subject: General Manager Position.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please indicate where you found this ad.
Mosaic Theater Company of DC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants who understand and embrace the Mosaic’s mission to make transformational and socially-relevant art. Mosaic Theater is committed to providing a safe environment for all its employees free from discrimination on any ground and from harassment of any kind. We believe that corporations’ bad behavior disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society — including black, Indigenous and people of color, LGBTQ people, women, and people from working class backgrounds. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we encourage and welcome applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, finance, general manager, human resources, manager, and performing arts. States: DC.
Please Share the General Manager job: