Full-Time Gallery Manager
Kopeikin Gallery, an established gallery with an international reputation, in Los Angeles for over 27 years, seeks a full-time Gallery Manager/Director to work directly with the owner and part time preparators and interns.
You must be a self-starter and comfortable working alone.
Gallery hours are 11 am – 5 pm, Tuesday – Saturday plus occasional openings and events.
● Work directly with clients, advisors, press, curators, and institutions
● Conduct sales, plan exhibitions and organize art fairs
● Create and coordinate press releases and kits
● Promote the Gallery and its artists via personal outreach and social media
● Manage Gallery website and online sales outlets; Artsy
● Greet individuals and assist them with inquiries
● Manage exhibition and print documentation and relevant archival material
● Create and manage consignment and loan agreements
Light “Preparator” responsibilities: Pack, ship and track incoming and outgoing artwork
● Live within 30 minute driving distance to Gallery
● Degree in Art History or Fine Arts preferred
● A desire to curate non-photographic and photographic exhibitions
● A year or more Contemporary art experience, preferably including sales.
● Ability to take initiative and to multi-task
● Experience with Apple operating system, Word, InDesign, Photoshop, and FileMaker
● A good sense of humor and a positive progressive attitude toward life.
Salary is commensurate with experience
HOW TO APPLY
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please Share the Gallery Manager job: