For more than 40 years, the Traver Gallery has served as a theater for the visual arts, providing space for artists to explore their ideas and share their discoveries with the world. We are dedicated to representing artists at all stages of their career — emerging, mid-career, and established — our focus is on artists who work with materials in unique and innovative ways. Located in the heart of downtown Seattle, Traver Gallery is one of the country’s premier exhibition spaces for contemporary studio glass, painting, sculpture, and installation art.
The Gallery Manager plays an essential role on our team. As the Manager, you are responsible for the behind-the-scenes operational aspects of the gallery and set the tone, ensuring that our clients receive an exceptional on-brand educational experience when they visit, call, or email. You are exceptionally professional and have well-honed organizational and project management skills, and are eager to apply your administrative abilities to creative work in a dynamic space. You love the arts and have excellent knowledge of contemporary sculpture, design, and craft. You enjoy working with artists and other creative professionals and are eager to engage more in the fine-arts field. The ideal candidate wants to grow in this role and is excited to acquire and hone their sales and curatorial skills.
The workweek is Tuesday through Saturday. Must have a flexible schedule and work occasional events outside regular work hours.
Your overall responsibilities:
● Be the friendly, knowledgeable, and welcoming face of the gallery
● Be the eyes and ears of the gallery at all times. Listen & record/convey information to the team accordingly
● Develop expert understanding and knowledge of gallery philosophy, history, artists, and clients
● Gallery Registrar – manages all inventory traffic (in, out, loan, display, RTA, etc.). Process loans, on-approvals, display contracts/coordination
● Maintain & update artist files & binders
● Manage gallery calendar
● Work with directors and associates to meet and exceed monthly sales goals. Provide sales support as needed.
● Work with Director and Founder to conduct art appraisals/manage client appraisal files.
● Work with Bookkeeper to send and record monthly artist and vendor payments, bills, open client statements, and weekly, monthly, and annual sales reconciliations
● Act as HR “department” assisting employees with questions & concerns and work with Director and Bookkeeper on insurance and benefits, PTO, and sick leave. Maintain employee handbook
● Collect & reconcile timesheets for employees/compile for Bookkeeper or Director
● Manage gallery files, both digital and physical
● Manage exhibition coordination (acquiring artist info and images, inventory, updating website exhibition pages, installation schedule, shipping, staffing, reminding artists of deadlines, catering, security, etc)
● Assist with exhibition set-up and installation as required
● Coordinate and manage special events, art-fair planning, travel, and gallery rentals
● Contribute to a positive work environment and client experience; keep it upbeat and fun
● Manage general upkeep of gallery spaces
● Manage phones/voicemail/general gallery email account
● Manage, maintain & update all aspects of the gallery website
● Maintain and update mailing lists and e-lists
● Process sales and scheduled/ongoing payments
● Coordinate shipping with Shipping Manager, facilitate all client shipping and billing
How to Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The last day to apply is January 15th, 2022
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: art gallery, arts management, gallery, and manager. States: Washington.
Please Share the Gallery Manager job: