We are actively seeking a creative Gallery Assistant with a strong background in copywriting, to research and write clear, concise copy for all aspects of the gallery’s programming including: press releases, social media, email campaigns, in house signage, and our website.
Our ideal candidate holds a degree in Art History and has prior gallery experience.
You must be self-motivated and independent, with a strong work ethic, and knowledge of the contemporary art world.
As you will be working in the gallery space, you must also have the ability to interface directly and effectively with the public.
- Writing clear, attractive copy
- Maintaining social media presence on FB, Insta and Twitter
- Writing bi-weekly email blasts
- Researching and writing artist bios
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Website maintenance
- Communicating with clients and executing sales
- 12-20 hours a week, with occasional evening openings and special events.
- Proven experience as an art copywriter
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong research skills
- Knowledge of Hootsuite
- Experience with SEO
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
How to Apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with ‘[Your Name]_Gallery Assistant” in the subject line.
Submit up to three writing samples, so we can get an idea of your best work or feel free to include links to your content or portfolio in your application. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: arts, assistant, gallery, and media. States: Illinois.
Please Share the Gallery Assistant job: