Part-Time Job Gallery Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Small gallery in Lower Manhattan seeks a part-time gallery assistant for day-to-day operations.
Successful candidates will have experience in administration within contemporary art as well as being highly organized with strong communication skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Reception; greeting visitors at the front desk and providing information about exhibitions and artists
• receiving phone calls and emails of inquiry.
• light housekeeping and file keeping
• light art handling, including packing, shipping and receiving of works
• assisting the artist and exhibitions team with installation and deinstallation of exhibitions
• assisting with coordination of and execution of gallery events and functions
• assisting with the maintenance of social media platforms, website, and databases
The position is approximately 18 hours (3 days) per week, with additional hours for gallery events and art fairs.
How to apply:
For consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Gallery Assistant.”
Due to the volume of applicants, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
|• Job Title:||Gallery Assistant|
|• Job Type:||Part-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Lower Manhattan Gallery|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|