Full-Time Gallery Assistant
Tanya Bonakdar Gallery is seeking a Gallery Assistant to join the New York team.
The ideal candidate will be an extremely organized individual with the ability to multi-task in a fast-pace environment. Professionalism, excellent communication skills, discretion, and attention to detail are a must.
Front Desk -Answering phones and managing incoming requests appropriately
• Coordinate cleaning staff, office supplies, and gallery intern schedules and tasks
• Entering and updating new and existing contact records in gallery database Calendar / Travel
• Book and manage all travel for staff (flights, hotels, restaurants reservations, etc)
• Candidate must be proficient in booking complex international travel and being able to quickly troubleshoot last minute changes -Update calendar with all travel arrangements and create detailed itineraries
• Knowledge and experience in booking international travel is preferred Events
• Book and manage all gallery receptions, dinners, and international events, liaise directly with restaurants and vendors
• Create and send invitations and manage RSVPs for all events
• In depth knowledge of NY, LA, and international restaurants is preferred Press / Social Media
This position will be responsible for posting and creating content for all social media outlets (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, WeChat)
• Reach out to press contacts to promote upcoming gallery / museum exhibitions
• Assist directors in writing all press releases for gallery exhibitions
• Assist writing and proof reading all e-blast announcements Gallery hours are Tuesday – Saturday, 10am – 6pm with flexibility to be available after-hours for travel arrangements and urgent requests.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), a strong work ethic, and proficiency with Mac OS, along with Photoshop, other Adobe programs and Filemaker is preferred.
Prior experience with travel arrangements and answering phones is necessary, as is prior work in a gallery, museum, or arts-related organization.
A background in visual arts and/or art history is strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Please email resumes and cover letters with “Gallery Assistant” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not walk in or call regarding applications.
Due to the high number of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please Share the Gallery Assistant job: