Full-Time Gallery Assistant
The MEI Art Gallery is a unique gallery in Washington, DC. Housed in a think tank, the gallery presents contemporary and modern art, photography and video from the Middle East. We mount four to five shows a year, accompanied by a rich program of panel talks, film screenings and musical events to animate each exhibition throughout the duration of the show.
The MEI Art Gallery is part of MEI’s Arts and Culture Center, which works to promote Middle Eastern culture to U.S. audiences, change perceptions about a misunderstood region, and build bridges between the arts and cultural sectors in the U.S. and the Middle East. The Arts and Culture Center works closely with MEI’s two other centers -policy and education – to integrate our exhibitions and programming within MEI’s overall mission – to inform U.S. audiences about the Middle East and to build better ties between the two regions.
Candidate: MEI seeks a highly organized, detail oriented individual with an arts background and strong writing and people skills. The ideal candidate has at least two-three years of work experience; familiarity with Adobe In-Design, Canva, or an equivalent design program; and a bachelor’s degree in art history or a related area.
- Handling preparations and logistics for all exhibitions and related programming, including overseeing shipping and customs, the installation of all shows, working with vendors, and handling invoices/receipts.
- Working with supervisors to prepare exhibition marketing and promotional material such as program books, flyers, fundraising materials and other related content, like text and bios; handling outreach, including developing social media campaigns for each show in conjunction with MEI’s Communications Dept.
- Managing gallery requests, including tours, coordinating media requests, etc.
- Managing and building MEI’s gallery membership
- Researching grant opportunities and content for the MEI Arts and Culture Twitter Feed
Salary: 40k with excellent benefits
How to apply: Please send your resume and cover letter with the “Gallery Assistant” subject line to the firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, designer, exhibition, and gallery. States: DC.
Please Share the Gallery Assistant job: