Honor Fraser in Los Angeles seeks a highly motivated, full-time gallery assistant to support administrative operations.
- Assist in daily operations including opening and closing of the gallery, answering phones, ordering gallery supplies, and maintaining tidiness, etc.
- Manage all social media platforms
- Generate sales materials and exhibition-related checklists
- Resize, format, and archive all artwork images, videos, and digital components
- Maintain gallery website with current artist bios, upcoming exhibitions, and images
- Handle gallery publication sales and shipments
- Assist with research and execute effective outreach for new initiatives
Traits and Characteristics:
- Experience working in settings that focus on the intersection between art + tech
- Prior administrative experience in a gallery or office setting
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Detail-oriented and works effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines
- Ability to liaise with artists confidently
- Developed research and writing skills
- Strong team player that is willing to tackle any task at hand
- Problem solver that can anticipate the needs of the gallery
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign. Must be comfortable creating simple graphics and editing images.
- Microsoft Office
- Experience with Artsystems is a plus
Queer/Trans, Non-binary, and BIPOC individuals are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: art gallery, arts administration, assistant, exhibition, graphic design, and social media. States: California.
Please Share the Gallery Assistant job: