Full-Time Gallery Archivist
Gladstone Gallery seeks to fill the role of Archivist. The Archivist collaborates across the sales, communications/press and artist liaison teams to ensure artwork is documented and image requests are serviced quickly and efficiently.
The Archivist must have exceptional writing and communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
Experience processing image requests for artists in a gallery, museum or arts organization is required.
The successful candidate is self-motivated and able to work both independently and also with a larger team.
● Facilitate copyright permissions for publications and press.
● Manage photography schedule for gallery including individual and installation photography; process completed photography–printing, labeling, filing, digital archiving, and sharing with various parties.
● Prepare and organize images for sales team.
● Maintain gallery website and continuously update content for accuracy.
● Draft and send gallery e-blasts, newsletters, and exhibition announcements and gallery e-communications as necessary.
● Coordinate design for ads and invitations and oversee ad calendar.
● Prepare exhibition vinyl lettering.
● Coordination and support the design of exhibition catalogues (both internal and external).
● Support the Director of Communications’ needs: image research and preparation, social media, press inquiries.
● BA Degree in Art History or comparable field required, MA Degree preferred.
● Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Artbase, Dropbox, Lightroom, Vimeo and –WeTransfer strongly preferred.
● Excellent Photoshop skills required.
● 3 years of full-time gallery or comparable experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send cover letter and resume with subject line “Archivist” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, no phone calls or walk-ins regarding this position.
Please Share the Gallery Archivist job: