Freelance Costume Coordinator Assistant
• Job Title: Costume Coordinator Assistant
• Department: Technical and Production, Costumes
• Reports to: Costume Shop Supervisor
• Classification: Freelance
• Prepared by: Technical/ Production
• Date: July 2020
To work with the Houston Grand Opera Costume Shop Department to support the function of the Costume Coordinator and be an auxiliary support to the Costume Shop Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Do Initial Show Prep Work- Assist with unpacking, inventorying, rehanging and measuring of costumes
- Prep Daily Fittings- inventory items to be fit, steam/ prep items, prep fitting room, label costumes after fitting, and disperse alterations accordingly
- Show load into the theater- assist with costume inventory, and prep quick changes,
- Restock costumes- restock unused costumes both at Leeland and the HGO warehouse accordingly
- Assist Costume Shop Supervisor with ordering shop supplies and fabrics for builds and stock
- Assist the Costume Shop Supervisor and Head of Costumes on department projects from time to time as needed and assigned
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- 1 year experience in a costume shop
- Proficient in Word, Excel, & Power Point
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. to waist level
- Ability to hang costumes on 66 clothes racks
- Ability to climb a 12step ladder
- Able to sew on industrial sewing machines from time to time to do basic alterations
- Schedule is flexible upon approval of Head of Costumes. At times schedule may fluctuate depending on fitting/rehearsal schedule and overtime may be required
SPECIAL JOB CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to organize, prioritize and maintain several projects at once and sustain productivity under pressure in a fast pace environment
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with staff, management, vendors and artists.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Hard worker and self-motivated individual
How to Apply
Please apply directly at www.houstongrandopera.org/work/
RESUMES ACCEPTED UNTIL FILLED.
Houston Grand Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, sexual preference, age, non-job related disability, or marital status.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Freelance and Part-Time. Job Tags: assistant, coordinator, costumes, opera, and theatre. States: Texas.
Please Share the Freelance Costume Coordinator Assistant job: