Freelance Freelance Art Gallery Preparator
L.A. Louver Gallery seeks skilled and experienced freelance preparators for project-based and as-needed work.
Ideal candidates will work well under pressure, be responsive to the aesthetic needs of exhibition production, and be sensitive to the unique demands of a commercial gallery setting.
- Knowledge of safe art handling and installation procedures for two- and three-dimensional art objects in a variety of materials, sizes and weights
- Experience in archival wrapping and secure packing techniques, including packing and unpacking of crates
- Knowledge of different types of hanging hardware, their appropriate uses and weight holding capacities
- Experience with exhibition space preparation, including wall painting, patching, clean up, touch up and maintaining a pristine show environment
- Skilled with hand and power tools
- Extremely detail-oriented and capable of taking responsibility for assigned tasks
- Can maintain organized, non-cluttered work environment
- Capable of lifting minimum 50 lb.s
- Current driver’s license
Other desired skills:
- Heavy sculpture handling
- Rigging and use of a gantry
- Forklift driving
- Light carpentry and framing
- Photoshop, Google Sketch Up
How to apply:
Please submit cover letter, resume and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls, please.
Please Share the Freelance Art Gallery Preparator job: