Full-Time Foundation and Grants Manager
Responsible for the grants calendar and proposal process including writing, review, delegation, coordination and submission of all corporate, foundation and government grants , solicitation requests, reports and evaluations that support Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre’s fundraising campaigns.
Responsible for the solicitation, tracking and reporting of all grant-related funds and assist with targeting new foundation, corporate and government support; develop strategies of solicitation; cultivation of prospects, and stewardship of donors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Administer grants calendar for Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre’s annual and capital support coming from corporate, foundation and government sources.
- Write, and/or support the writing, of detailed and accurate grant proposals, stewardship reports, final reports and renewal requests, consistent with all grant-source requirements including attachments and other supporting materials, by assigned internal and external deadlines.
- Maintain a comprehensive tracking system of current, pending and potential granting sources, with special attention to meeting proposal, stewardship, reporting and renewal deadlines.
- Collaborate with staff in developing solicitation strategies for all prospects.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with the all PBT program areas and funding organizations. Work closely with PBT education department to strategize for new funding sources for emerging programs.
- Build and maintain a new portfolio of prospects and donors for cultivation and solicitation.
- Build lasting relationships with patrons and donors through consistent respectful communication, meaningful recognition and stewardship.
- Lead and leverage volunteer-led campaign committee.
- Maintain accurate and organized fundraising records in Tessitura donor database.
- Proactively manage benefit fulfillment and tracking
- Other duties/special assignments as appropriate related to campaign activities.
To perform this job successfully, this individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3 years of development/fundraising work experience, with at least 2 years writing grants
- Track record of producing successful grant applications
- Annual Fund/General Operating Support fundraising experience preferred.
- Experience in working with high-level volunteers preferred.
- Some prospect research experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional writing skills and excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills including proficient command of full Microsoft Office Suite and Donor software, preferably Tessitura.
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects/deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of local, regional, and national philanthropic landscape.
- Ability to occasionally work flexible hours.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please Share the Foundation and Grants Manager job: