Full-Time Fine Art Photographer and Preparator
Michael Rosenfeld Gallery seeks a full-time in-house fine art photographer and preparator. Daily responsibilities are divided between professional-quality photography and preparator duties.
Daily Photography Responsibilities Include:
• Take professional quality photography of all artworks entering the gallery inventory, following gallery imaging protocols and direction as necessary
• Take professional quality installation photographs of all gallery exhibitions
• Edit all photographs to be presentation-ready
• Properly save and archive all photographs taken with correct sizing, file formatting, and detailed notes per gallery protocol
• Self-sufficiently maintain photography workflow, keeping track of works to be photographed and communicating to colleagues when photography is completed
Daily Preparator Responsibilities Include:
• Help to pull and hang artworks in gallery viewing rooms for client presentations
• Create custom boxes and portfolios for artworks
• Unhinge delicate works on paper
• Defit and Refit Paintings and works on paper into their frames.
• Support full-time preparator staff in other capacities on an as needed basis
• Highly skilled with Canon EOS 5D mark IV Camera
• Highly skilled in Adobe Lightroom CC and Adobe Photoshop CC
• Experience with continuous light, flash and strobes for photography
• Experience lighting artworks in different light settings and working with reflective and non-reflective surfaces
• Experience specifically with fine art photography – artwork types are primarily paintings, works on paper, and sculpture
• Familiar managing and converting file formats quickly in a workflow, including: jpeg, tiff, raw, dng, etc.
• Knowledgable of and comfortable handling all types of artwork especially defitting and refitting into frames fragile historical paintings and works on paper
• Highly flexible to work as a photographer within a commercial gallery space, balancing the need to complete photography duties and allowing space for sales presentations
• Flexible to shoot artworks in sometimes not ideal settings, problem solving to complete the task
• Very organized and detail-oriented, capable of very consistently maintaining proper file records for thousands of files
• Strong communication skills to actively communicate with gallery owners and colleagues
• Lift up to 50lbs
The successful candidate takes photographs that become part of a growing catalog of archival professional images that are used in sales materials, advertisements, and publications.
How to Apply
Applicants, please send a cover letter with your resume:
- Halley K Harrisburg, Director
- Subject line to read: Photographer Preparator Position
Apply for this Job