Full-Time Facilities and Events Manager
The Huntington Theatre Company is seeking a Facilities and Events Manager.
The recipient of the 2013 Regional Theatre Tony Award, the Huntington Theatre Company has developed into Boston’s leading theatre company since its founding in 1982. The Huntington brings together superb local and national talent to produce a mix of groundbreaking new works and classics made current each season. Led by Artistic Director Peter DuBois and Managing Director Michael Maso, the Huntington creates award-winning productions, runs nationally renowned programs in education and new play development, and serves the local theatre community through its operation of the Stanford Calderwood Pavilion at the Boston Center for the Arts. The Huntington cultivates, celebrates, and champions theatre as an art form. The Huntington Theatre Company strives to attract a diverse group of candidates for employment. African Americans, Asian Americans, individuals with disabilities, individuals of two or more races, Latin Americans, Native Americans or Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders, veterans, and women are encouraged to apply.
The Facilities and Events Manager is responsible for the daily management of the physical operation and aesthetic appearance of the Huntington Avenue Theatre and Calderwood Pavilion.
• Addresses facility maintenance issues for both Huntington Avenue Theatre and Calderwood Pavilion through the efficient use of internal resources and outside vendors.
• Compiles and maintains facilities repair needs, both short term and long term. Works with Director of Theatre Operations to prioritize projects.
• Supervision and scheduling of all maintenance contracts and contractors in Huntington Avenue Theatre and Calderwood Pavilion. Maintains detailed list of current and past maintenance projects and repairs; including equipment replaced, parts replaced, completion date and any additional steps needed.
• Ensures the physical appearance of both Huntington Avenue Theatre and Calderwood Pavilion are kept to Huntington Theatre Company standards.
• Manages and schedules outside cleaning company.
• Monitors departmental budget lines with regular communication updates with Director of Theatre operations of any variance(s).
• Insures that facilities meets all requirements of Boston Fire Department and other regulatory agencies.
• Handles emergency or time sensitive situations that may arise in a timely, professional and accurate fashion.
• Oversee the planning and execution of all special events and functions. Manage setup and breakdown of events and functions in Huntington Avenue Theatre, including bar amenities.
• Updates diagrams/setups from room reservation program as needed
• Insures that resources needed for special events and functions are properly allocated and communicates with Event leaders of any shortages or substitutions.
• Insures accounting for any resources used by special events and functions are billed appropriately.
• Coordinates and acts as a Huntington Theatre Company liaison for pre- and post-show receptions scheduled in the lobby space and/or 210 venue.
• Act as on-site point person for event clients to ensure that they have the supplies and equipment necessary for their event, to coordinate deliveries and pick-ups, and other event details.
• Assist theatre operations staff with projects and building coverage as required.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Theatre Operations.
• B.A. or equivalent plus 1-3 years’ experience in facilities management.
• Highly organized, motivated self-starter that can multitask and juggle priorities during peak seasons.
• Flexibility in work schedule required due to the myriad events that occur nights, weekends and special occasions.
• Enthusiastic and positive attitude
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. for distances of up to 100 feet.
• Possess the ability to attend to numerous details at one time, establish priorities, respond positively and effectively under stressful situations, and propose timely solutions to problems.
• Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel proficiency.
• First Aid and/or CPR training is necessary and will be provided if necessary. In addition, TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures) certification is necessary for this position and will be provided if not currently certified.
Interested candidates, please send letter of interest, resume and salary expectations to:
Director of Human Resources
Huntington Theatre Company, Inc.
281 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
The Huntington Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to Affirmative Action.
Additionally, the company provides health, dental, life, and disability insurance, as well as paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.
Please Share the Facilities and Events Manager job: