Full-Time Exhibitions Preparator, Objects
The Exhibitions Preparator, Objects will perform duties relating to the preparation of 3D objects for exhibition. This is a two-year term position, with full-time benefits.
- Specialize in exhibition installation; install and handle 3D objects
- Transport objects through the Museum, or supervise others doing so
- Design and fabricate mounting systems, including those with earthquake damage mitigation considerations, for in-house and traveling exhibitions
- Communicate with project managers, designers, conservators, registrars, and facilities staff in the planning and production of exhibition installations, including special requirements and costs involved in mounting and installation of objects
- Maintain written and photo documentation of all work, and enter information into the Museum’s database management system (training provided)
- Order and maintain shop materials, tools and supplies
The MFA is interested in receiving applications from candidates of all skill levels with some or all of the following qualifications:
- Experience with art museum exhibition installations and art transport
- Experience with handling, rigging and transport of heavy or oversized art objects
- Knowledge of mount fabrication techniques, including metalworking for brass, aluminum and steel
- Familiarity with conservation issues related to display, packing and shipping art
- Ability to travel on behalf of the Museum to courier and install special exhibitions at other venues
- Good communication skills and ability to work well as part of a team
Application materials are being accepted immediately. For consideration, please submit letter of interest, résumé, and three professional references to: email@example.com.
Materials may also be submitted via postal mail to:
Human Resources Department, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115.
The MFA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from diverse candidates.Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, exhibition, internship, and museum. States: Massachusetts.
Please Share the Exhibitions Preparator, Objects job: