Exhibition and Budget Assistant
The Museum of Modern Art is currently accepting applications for an Exhibition and Budget Assistant who provides administrative, planning, and financial support to Exhibition Planning and Administration, the department responsible for planning, budgeting, and implementing MoMA’s exhibition program.
- Prepares, monitors, reforecasts, and reports on MoMA’s annual exhibition program budget, as directed. Liaises with various departments and with the Exhibition and Performance Managers to prepare reports as it relates to reporting and forecasting.
- Serves as the departmental liaison with Finance and Accounting.
- Provides exhibition and budget information to and gathers estimates from several departments, including Accounting, AV, Finance, Development, Education, Communications, Collections Management and Exhibition Registration, Digital Media, Exhibition Design and Production, Security, and others.
- Coordinates budget tracking process for collections-based gallery presentations and programs and exhibitions of progressing complexity, guiding the planning process simultaneously for a number of projects at various stages of development.
- Supports EP&A staff in the management of major exhibitions and offsite projects, including budgeting; general assistance with governmental applications; processing invoices; record keeping, etc.
- Maintains office records, coordinates ongoing archive of exhibition materials, and performs other administrative tasks as needed.
- Performs any other duties reasonably related to the functions described above.
- Bachelor’s degree and two or more years relevant experience in accounting, finance, or project management, preferably in an arts, culture, and/or nonprofit environment.
- Facility and comfort with numbers and financial/budgetary spreadsheets essential.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to efficiently manage several exhibitions and projects simultaneously.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to form and maintain successful working relationships.
- Proficiency in Google Suites (Docs, Spreadsheets, Presentation) and an understanding of advanced Excel functionality required, and experience with Salesforce/FinancialForce is preferred.
- Knowledge of 20th and 21st century art strongly preferred.
- Fully vaccinated with a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and/or the World Health Organization authorized vaccine (or approved for an exemption as a reasonable accommodation due to a qualified disability or sincerely held religious belief or other legal basis).
Dual reporting to Director, Exhibition Planning and Administration (for financial responsibilities) and Associate Director, Exhibition Planning and Administration (for exhibition management responsibilities)
How to Apply:
To apply, please visit MoMA Jobs.
Applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement:
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at the Museum, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, arrest or conviction record to the extent required by applicable law, credit history, or any other protected category as established by applicable law, including the New York City Human Rights Law (“NYCHRL”)
Note: This is a unionized position at MoMA with covered employees represented by Local 2110, UAW, AFL-CIO.
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts administration, exhibition, finance, MOMA, and museum. States: New York.
Please Share the Exhibition and Budget Assistant job: