Executive Director, Pace Performing Arts
The Pace School of Performing Arts (PPA), housed in the Dyson College of Arts and Sciences at Pace University and located on the University’s campus in lower Manhattan, invites applications for the administrative position of Executive Director, with an anticipated start date of September 1, 2021.
This position will be a tenured position pending approval of the candidate’s qualifications.
The Executive Director is a visionary thinker who will lead the unit’s academics, operations, budget, productions, and fundraising activities for 8 individual programs: BA Acting; BFA, Acting; BFA Acting for Film, Television, Voice-overs, and Commercials; BFA Commercial Dance; BA Directing; BFA Musical Theater; BFA Production and Design for Stage and Screen; and BA Stage Management.
The Executive Director designs, develops, and implements strategic plans and policies in collaboration with the University in a manner that is both cost- and time-effective.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide visionary leadership that will support opportunities to expand programs and facilities for the School of Performing Arts
- Supervise, support, and recruit a highly qualified professional and diverse faculty and staff to create a collaborative team culture
- Ensure programmatic vision and leadership for artistic direction and development
- Review recruitment goals annually to ensure enrollment goals for each program—and PPA overall—are met
- Foster a transparent and collaborative culture based on open communication with faculty, staff, deans, students, alumni, and University administration
- Strengthen and develop close relationships within PPA and the University, as well as with donors, guests, and community constituencies
- Meet and/or travel with University Development staff and the President to recruit, cultivate and maintain individual, corporate, foundation, and agency donors
- Build on the PPA brand identity (nationally and internationally) with a clear and proactive strategy that will make PPA and the University stand out from competitors
- Manage, evaluate, and reviews the workflow of faculty and staff
- Other duties as assigned as appropriate to rank and University’s mission
The successful candidate has an MFA or MA in an arts-related field (or equivalent industry experience) and is a leader who, in addition to handling the day-to-day administrative work of running the School, can inspire and motivate faculty, staff, and students. PPA is committed to increasing the diversity of the campus community. Candidates who have experience working with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students, and who can contribute to the climate of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experiences in these areas.
This position offers a generous benefits package, including a competitive salary.
For more information on this position or to apply, visit:
Please submit a statement of commitment to diversity and equity, under “Statement” and contact information for three references under “List of references.”
Confidential review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Previous applicants will be considered.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
About Pace University
Pace University has a proud history of preparing its diverse student body for a lifetime of professional success as a result of its unique program that combines rigorous academics and real-world experiences. Pace is ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward economic mobility by Harvard University’s Opportunity Insights, evidence of the transformative education the University provides.
From its beginnings as an accounting school in 1906, Pace has grown to three campuses, enrolling 13,000 students in bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs in more than 150 majors and programs, across a range of disciplines: arts, sciences, business, health care, technology, law, education, and more. The University also has one of the most competitive performing arts programs in the country. Pace has a signature, newly renovated campus in New York City, located in the heart of vibrant Lower Manhattan, next to Wall Street and City Hall, and two campuses in Westchester County, New York: a 200-acre picturesque Pleasantville Campus and the Elisabeth Haub School of Law in White Plains.
Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, education, executive director, and performing arts. States: New York.
Please Share the Executive Director, Pace Performing Arts job: