Executive Director, Eastport Arts Center
Eastport Arts Center (EAC) seeks a collaborative, energetic team leader with enthusiasm for EAC’s mission, values, operations, and role in the community to serve as its Executive Director.
The mission of Eastport Arts Center (EAC) is to stimulate and nurture an appreciation of the visual and performing arts and the creative process, and to provide a home and an environment within the community where they can prosper.
EAC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all people.
The Executive Director works hand in hand with the EAC Board of Directors, staff, and volunteer corps to support this thriving community art center that serves over 200 artists and performers and welcomes over 3,000 attendees to its year-round program offerings annually.
Housed in an 1837 former church in the center of Eastport, EAC is a theater, concert hall, gallery, teaching space, and community center that supports its arts constituent groups, including the Concert Series, Eastport Gallery, Northern Lights Film Society, Passamaquoddy Bay Symphony Orchestra, Quoddy Voices, and Stage East. EAC hosts traveling artists, performers, guest speakers and troupes and, in recent years, has expanded its scope to include digital offerings of concerts, classes, exhibitions, videos, podcasts, and workshops.
- Broad appreciation for the creative arts.
- Collaborative team leader skilled in managing multiple, diverse teams with a variety of personality types.
- Good listener and avid communicator with strong writing and speaking abilities.
- Relevant management experience; nonprofit management a plus.
- Detail-oriented multi-tasker with sense of humor and ability to stay calm.
- Successful experience with fundraising or sales, and desire to develop and drive collaborative fundraising plans.
- Understanding of tight-knit community dynamics.
- Energetic, nurturing, patient, flexible, and has a “jump-in-and-roll-up-your-sleeves” approach.
- Ability to use digital office tools, e.g., word processing and spreadsheet applications, online calendar systems, and video conferencing.
Proficiency with social media, website content management, and arts-oriented AV systems a plus.
- Innovative and creative solution-finder.
Primary Center Representative
- Respond to all inquiries/communications directed to EAC.
- Support the EAC board of directors and committees.
- Supervise and support staff, contracted services, and volunteers.
- Manage the EAC bookings and programs calendar.
- Coordinate and enlist volunteers.
- Support constituent groups based on each constituent’s structure and needs.
- Manage organizational and programmatic contracts and partnerships.
- Oversee public relations and communications.
- Oversee bookkeeping and accounting functions.
- Gather, maintain, and report data on all EAC programs, performances, operations, and grants.
- Develop and file documentation as required of a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- Engage and grow EAC’s base of supporters through regular communication, interactions, and recognition.
- Implement all aspects of EAC’s major gifts program including engagement and support for board members’ roles.
- Manage semi-annual appeal messaging and logistics.
- Plan and supervise fundraising events.
- Develop and grow endowment and bequest programs.
- Work with EAC’s contracted grant writer to identify and secure foundation, business and government grants.
- Maintain EAC donor database.
- Oversee all aspects of building, grounds, and equipment including planned maintenance and ongoing upkeep, repairs and replacements.
- Coordinate contracted services for facility operations and maintenance.
- Ensure facility is staffed during regularly scheduled hours and events.
- Manage facility licenses, permits, and compliance.
Job Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Eastport Arts Center Board of Directors
Salary: salary range of $55-58,000, plus benefits
Specific Location: Eastport, Maine
Start Date: October/November 2022
For complete position description, please visit eastportartscenter.org/
How to Apply
To apply – email@example.com:
Please submit resume and cover letter describing your interest in the position and how your background and experience make you suited to achieve success in this role.
Eastport Arts Center
Attn: Gregory Biss, Board President
Application deadline: July 18, 2022. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts center, director, executive director, fund-raising, management, media, and non-profit. States: Maine.
Please Share the Executive Director, Eastport Arts Center job: