Job Announcement: Executive Director
The Niagara Arts and Cultural Center (“NACC”) seeks a transformative Executive Director in Niagara Falls, NY.
The city of Niagara Falls has a diverse, tight-knit population of around 50,000. It is a tourist destination for over 9.5 million annual visitors because it is home to one of the world’s seven natural wonders.
The NACC is the largest multi-arts center in upstate New York and has been in operation for over 20 years. The 180,000 square foot repurposed high school is almost 100 years old and is on the Federal and New York State Registries of Historic Buildings. The building offers 98 artist studios (fully rented with a waiting list), a radio station, a literary center, a certified sound stage/movie production facility, a café and gift shop, three public galleries and three theaters. Ongoing plans include renovation of the 999 seat Grand Theater. The NACC continues to grow as a tourist destination and educational center offering classes to the public and programs geared to children and adults.
The Executive Director is a full-time, exempt position with health benefits, paid time off and holidays. They are responsible for the administration of the NACC, reports to a volunteer Board of Directors, and provides leadership and overall management of the NACC’s daily operations. The Executive Director must adhere to the NACC’s mission, values, policies, and practices to achieve program and financial goals.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record of effective leadership and growth of an organization with the ability to transition it from grassroots status to a level of professionalism that will secure its future for years to come. Marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience are required. Creative problem solving with excellent organizational skills to set and achieve strategic objectives within a budget are essential. The candidate must have strong written, and oral communication skills with an understanding of the non-profit model, grant administration and the ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people and community entities are mandatory.
The Executive Director is currently supported by 3 full-time and seven part-time positions, along with additional per diem and seasonal staff as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administration of staff, volunteers and facility operations for maintenance and protection of the building and ensures the NACC complies with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Keeping the board informed on the condition of the organization and important factors influencing it.
- Developing, implementing, and managing strategic plans and facilitating existing and new fundraising efforts to generate ongoing financial support.
- Working with finance to prepare and manage the operational budget.
- Monitoring, evaluating, and supporting programming, exhibits, education and special events to fulfill the mission and goals of the organization.
- Overseeing marketing to achieve effective marketing and community relations.
- Ensuring NACC takes advantage of grant opportunities and monitoring proper use, accounting, and timely completing reports. This includes the continuation of the theater restoration and renovation project.
- Representing the NACC to outside community partners, professional organizations, and individuals.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university in an appropriate discipline is required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3+ years of paid experience in not-for-profit management or development.
- 2+ years of experience in the areas of staff supervision, public relations, marketing, fundraising and program development implementation and evaluation.
- Demonstrated financial management skills with experience in short and long-term planning and budgeting.
- Must be professional at setting priorities and coping with competing demands.
- Must have a car, valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and be prepared to drive own vehicle on NACC business.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends as required.
- Must have strong technology skills: MS Office proficiency, experience with social media, internet, html and/or WordPress a plus.
- Ability to work in an organized, efficient manner with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-through with limited supervision.
- Ability to work independently as a project leader and as a team member.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing.
•Reports to: Board of Directors
•Supervises: Current staff of 10 and 1 contractor.
•Location: Niagara Falls, NY
To apply, you MUST email your résumé, cover letter, references, and any other supporting documentation highlighting relevant experience and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone queries or walk-ins, please.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts center, culture, director, and executive director. States: New York.
Please Share the Executive Director job: