FirstWorks is a Providence, Rhode Island-based non-profit arts organization. A vital contributor to the cultural landscape, FirstWorks is searching for an Executive Coordinator (EC) to join our team. In this pivotal role, you’ll play a key part in ensuring seamless operations and strengthening our ties with the community. FirstWorks is also the Founding Creative Partner for PVDFest, Providence’s premiere arts festival.
FirstWorks (FW) is seeking an Executive Coordinator to support vital functions of the organization. The Executive Coordinator is the “glue” that ensures smooth operations across the organization with a focus on office and data management, and program support. This position is great for someone who likes to be in the middle of it all! The position includes varied tasks, daily, with the opportunity to tailor growth opportunities to the individuals’ strengths and interests. Qualified candidates will be skilled communicators, highly organized, capable of synthesizing complex information, be proficient in CRM/Databases and MS Office suite applications and have an affinity for the arts. This is a full-time position. Occasional evenings and weekends based on the program schedule are required. For the right candidate, there is exciting growth potential for this position.
This is a particularly exciting time to join the organization! In 2024, FirstWorks will celebrate its 20th Anniversary. Simultaneously, FirstWorks is in the process of finalizing our next strategic plan, which centers values of Art, Partnership, Integrity, Learning, Social Impact, and Belonging. FirstWorks is deeply committed to accessible programming and presents a season that always includes free and pay-what-you-chose performances. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative thinker, value-aligned, and demonstrate excitement for joining a team doing ongoing work of redefining org culture and bringing mission-centric intentionality to day-to-day tasks.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee daily management of FW office, including reception, mail collection, etc.
- Manage relationship with IT service, maintain office technology, provide tech support to staff
- Liaise with third party contractors for services, and coordinate with building management about access, repairs, etc.
- Maintain institutional calendars and staff communication systems (Asana, Outlook, OneDrive)
- Serve as Board of Directors liaison including, schedule meetings, write and send communications, develop agendas, take minutes, support new Board member on-boarding
- Provide Human Resources support for staff searches, on-boarding, recruiting and supervising interns; schedule and track staff performance reviews
- Working under the supervision of the Accountant/Bookkeeper, support finance department data entry and report generation, documenting and filing invoices/receivables; provide support for annual audit
- Support internal meetings through agenda development, meeting facilitation, minute taking, activating action items
- Database management including entry, database hygiene, support of departmental reporting, and act as the primary interface with CRM provider (Salesforce)
- Provide support for grant proposals/reports, donor cultivation and special events, as needed
- Support senior leadership with external meetings, including schedule management, and assembling relevant materials for partners
- Oversee Box Office management and Front of House; create show-specific box office events (typically 2-4 ticketed programs per year), monitor box office communications, assist patrons with ticketing, run sales reports, manage comp tickets and holds, and liaise with external box office vendors if applicable
- With support from Marketing Manager, implement marketing and cross promotional efforts, including group sales, package and affinity group pricing, and community outreach to partners and stakeholders
- Coordinate distribution of marketing materials and media communications, including local event listings and direct mail campaigns
- Packaging of recorded Zoom events for web
- Support program logistics, including liaising with community partners
- Serve as Zoom admin for Virtual public engagements
- Attend partner planning meetings as needed
- 2-3 years work or equivalent experience in arts administration or cultural non-profit organizations
- Previous administrative, office management, or other relevant experience strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Superior organizational ability and attention to detail
- Ability to troubleshoot and proactively remedy issues
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Facile user of software applications (i.e., word processing, spreadsheets, email, search engines, databases), familiarity with SalesForce/Patron Manager, Asana, Microsoft 365, QuickBooks preferred
- Welcoming presence: ability to generate enthusiasm for the organization, elicit cooperation, and get information over the phone, via email, and in-person
- Knowledge of Greater Providence, business community and creative community a plus
- Access to personal vehicle to travel between worksites
Anticipated Salary: $40,000-$45,000; open to discussion
Anticipated hire date: ASAP
This is a full-time position.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, three writing samples, and three professional references to email@example.com.
Please include the position title in the subject of your email.
Benefits include health and dental insurance, vacation.
FirstWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Women, gender-nonconforming, persons of color, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: coordinator, executive, marketing, non-profit, and performing arts. States: Rhode Island.