Full-Time Executive Assistant and Board Liaison
Round House Theatre, a LORT D regional theatre with a $7M budget, is hiring an Executive Assistant and Board Liaison to provide daily support for the Artistic and Managing Directors. Responsibilities include scheduling and maintenance of calendars, regular travel planning, managing phone writing correspondence and other documents in addition to personal assignments on occasion.
The position will be based primarily at the Administrative Office in Silver Spring but will occasionally be required to work at the Theatre in Bethesda. Participation in our fast-paced environment includes some weekend and evening hours for opening nights and theatre related events. Applicants should possess excellent phone and interpersonal skills as well as discretion and the ability to work with a variety of personalities. Candidates should have experience with Macs and Microsoft Office, possess an even temperament, be a self-starter, and fastidious about detail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide daily administrative support for both Artistic and Managing Directors including scheduling, managing phone lines, email and mail, office organization, file keeping, reconciling finances, travel, and writing correspondence.
- Manage schedules for Artistic and Managing Directors including maintaining and synchronizing for public as well as personal calendars.
- Compile, prepare, and distribute materials for meetings of the Board of Trustees and its committees; serve as a primary point of contact for board.
- Record minutes for Senior Staff meetings, and Board and Executive Committee meetings on behalf of the Board Secretary.
- Correspond on behalf of and represent Artistic and Managing Directors to staff, board, patrons, and professional community.
- Coordinate travel for Artistic and Managing Directors including transportation to and from destination, lodging during trip, car rental, tickets to various shows and events during trip, and conference registrations. Coordinate travel for Admin, Development, and Marketing as required.
- In coordination with the Development Department, prepare briefings and materials as necessary for Managing Director and Artistic Director donor visits and other fundraising meetings.
- Create and revise various documents as they arise, including social and business correspondence, presentations, agendas, minutes, etc.
- Organize annual Board and Honorary Council events and outings, including the Holiday Party and State of the Theatre event.
- Manage and prioritize the requests made for the Artistic and Managing Directors within the organization including all appointments, signature authorization, meeting requests, and approval of business practices and artistic inquiries.
- Manage house ticket requests for high-demand shows, including coordinating internal and external requests.
- Function independently and efficiently in a deadline-driven environment, and handle multiple, concurrent tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree with Theatre, Business, Writing, or Communications Major or equivalent professional experience.
- Additional 1 to 3 years of administrative assistant experience with the following knowledge and skills acquired:
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity and proficiency on Apple/Mac systems
- Must be friendly and personable on the phone and in person.
- Must have excellent writing skills.
- Must have good manners.
- Absolute attention to detail.
- Consistent application of confidentiality, discretion, diplomacy and tact.
- A highly proactive attitude to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Must demonstrate initiative and problem resolution and be able to participate successfully in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Schedule flexibility and ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
- A background and/or interest in theatre preferred.
- Salary in low to mid 30s, commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Health insurance (two options to choose from – PPO or HMO)
- Dental, Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous paid time off, including annual, personal, and sick leave
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Round House Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about Round House Theatre, please visit RoundHouseTheatre.org. No phone calls please.Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, assistant, executive, and theatre. States: Maryland.
Please Share the Executive Assistant and Board Liaison job: