Full-Time Events Production Technician
The Events Production Technician will facilitate and execute a wide variety of technical and audio-visual elements of all public events. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to researching and developing new technical components and special effects; designing, fabricating, and installing special effects and decorative features; maintaining and updating events departmental software; operating audio visual or other technical equipment during events; and coordinating with vendors and outside contractors. In addition to supporting public events, this position will support the technical needs of private events as needed.
A minimum of three years related experience and/or training; an Associate’s degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school or higher in event or theatrical production (lighting, sound, carpentry, painting, projection technology, video production, production design); or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ideal candidates will possess a knowledge of electrical systems, power tools, and small heavy machinery operation. Strong knowledge of Windows compatible computer equipment and Microsoft Office preferred. Familiarity with software programs AutoCAD, Martin M-PC, Processing, Talech, and Social Tables a plus. Must maintain a flexible schedule and be available early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays depending on events schedule. In addition to servicing events, responsibilities also include being on call during assigned events or certain dates. Must have the ability to manage changing priorities, stay on schedule for projects across multiple events with varying timelines, and work in a fast-paced, team environment. Must possess excellent customer service skills. Position requires a valid driver’s license, insurable driving record, and incumbent must have their own reliable car.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Essential Job Duties:
- Prepares and implements technical elements for all public events as directed.
- Develops new or existing technical projects in collaboration with Events Production Manager or lead coordinator of each event, including but not limited to: gathering quotes from potential vendors, designing layouts or diagrams of installations, drafting proposals of required products, evaluating installation feasibility, making recommendations for staffing requirements, installing, maintaining, and deinstalling technical features, and properly storing technical inventory.
- Designs and develops special effects in collaboration with Events Production Manager or lead coordinator of each event, with duties including but not limited to: proposing and securing musical selections, sourcing or creating sound effects, producing and manipulating projection and/or video content, creating custom lighting designs, and designing, fabricating, or sourcing event décor features.
- Completes projects within the budgets and timelines provided by Event Production Manager or lead coordinator.
- Updates and maintains products in point-of-sale software.
- Develops training documents and/or procedures for point-of-sale staff and volunteers.
- Trains and oversees point-of-sale staff and volunteers prior to and during events.
- Installs or sets up IT equipment in collaboration with the IT team as required for events, using items including but not limited to: iPad point-of-sale systems, wifi connections, power supplies, and laptops.
- Oversees storage facilities and inventory management of all events supplies.
- Transports event supplies via DBG vehicle, rented truck, and/or personal vehicle.
- Maintains and repairs event equipment.
- Coordinates and oversees delivery/installation of event supplies and equipment, including but not limited to: rental equipment, large purchase orders, and supplies stored in offsite storage unit.
- Oversee staff assigned to assist with special effect installations.
- Collaborates with IT and Operations departments when utilizing equipment managed by those departments.
- Operates power tools or heavy machinery, including but not limited to: table saw, band saw, circulating saw, drill, electric pallet jack, scissor lift, or fork lift.
- Completes assigned duties for setting up, staffing, and tearing down all public events.
- Provides staffing and/or technical support for private events when requested and applicable.
- Provides updates to Events Production Manager and others regarding status of projects and assignments.
Other Job Duties:
- Works closely with IT team, Operations team, and Visitor Services team to maintain close communication.
- Works with all departments to assure the highest quality experience for all DBG visitors.
- Maintains satisfactory working relationships with managers, co-workers, and others.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, and solution-oriented demeanor when responding to or serving members and visitors.
- Performs other duties or special projects as requested by management.
How to Apply
Click here to view the full job description and apply.
Applications will not be accepted via email.
Please Share the Events Production Technician job: