Full-Time Events and Board Relations Coordinator
The Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival is an internationally acclaimed classical music festival which gathers the world’s finest chamber music artists together each year in Santa Fe, New Mexico, to produce over 40 concerts in six weeks. Founded in 1972, the Festival is dedicated to artistic excellence and innovation.
Guided by the artistic leadership of composer/pianist Marc Neikrug, the Festival invites scores of distinguished musicians, along with emerging young talent, during its six-week season. Thousands of enthusiastic patrons return year after year to enjoy the Festival’s offerings, presented in the historic St. Francis Auditorium at the New Mexico Museum of Art and The Lensic Performing Arts Center, in Santa Fe. In addition, in the off-season the Festival reaches out to young people in Santa Fe schools with innovative and inspiring musical adventures.
Since 1980 the Festival has commissioned over 90 works from such eminent composers as Aaron Copland, Ned Rorem, Ellen Taaffe Zwilich, John Harbison, Gunther Schuller, Mark-Anthony Turnage, Steven Stucky, Brett Dean, Magnus Lindberg, William Bolcom, Roberto Sierra, and Kaija Saariaho among many others, thereby contributing significantly to contemporary chamber music repertoire.
Beginning in 1981 Festival performances have been broadcast on national radio networks, including the WFMT Fine Arts Network, American Public Radio, Minnesota Public Radio, and National Public Radio (NPR). The Festival currently produces a series of 13 hour-long broadcasts distributed by the WFMT Radio Network to radio stations worldwide. Performances are also heard on Performance Today.
The Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival hosts a combination of cultivation, stewardship, and fund-raising events along with board-related meetings and activities annually that are designed to engage Festival’s key stakeholders and to build positive and sustainable relationships for the future. The Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival seeks an experienced, take charge professional with ability to manage administration and logistics of these activities in support of the Director of Development and the Festival.
The professional in this role will also serve as Board Relations liaison, the scope of which includes preparing for quarterly board meetings and related Board Committee meetings, attending Board and Committee meetings and taking minutes during each session, preparation and distribution of meeting materials, and organizing the annual Board Dinner.
The Events and Board Relations Coordinator works with the Director of Development to initiate and implement appropriate strategies for engagement of the Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival’s key constituencies.
The individual in this position must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends. This relationship should be characterized by effective communication and willingness to aid and support the growth of the division’s fund raising. S/he also works in collaboration with the Santa Fe Chamber Festival team members.
The Events and Board Relations Coordinator should have a love for special events management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
The Events and Board Relations Coordinator is an exempt position, reporting to the Director of Development.
Organize & oversee all aspects of the Festival’s annual Gala, held in July and manage and grow the gala auction year-to-year
Organize Artists’ Circle events for high-end donors (four a year)
Organize annual Board Dinner
Organize the Festival’s Annual Platinum Dinner – a thank you dinner for high-end donors of the Festival
Organize the End of Season Celebration event for staff, Board of Trustees, Advisory Council and others
Serve as Board liaison, which includes organizing all Board meetings and related committee meetings, which happen four times a year. Coordinate details; distribution of meeting notifications and materials; take and type minutes at all meetings and distribute.
Support the Director of Development as needed and with special projects that arise
Event Planning and Production:
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor (flowers, linens, color schemes, etc.) to meet the quality expectations of the Board of Directors
- Assertively gather information on each project to achieve quality event productions.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to ensure quality event experiences.
- Create and revise room layouts for each event.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Close out all events as required.
- Assist with preparing budgets and other necessary spreadsheets and event tracking documents and provide periodic progress reports to Director of Development for each event project.
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Prepare and modify event contracts as requested
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- High level customer service ethic and expectations for quality.
- At least 3 years’ experience with office administrative management, nonprofit experience preferred.
- At least 1-year experience coordinating special events.
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and web searches.
This position description is not all-inclusive and is only intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job.
Medical and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, liberal vacation and holiday policy, opportunity to live and work in a beautiful, historic location.
Please send resume, references and letter of application by email or post to:
Director of Development
Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival
PO Box 2227
Santa Fe, NM 87504-2227
Please Share the Events and Board Relations Coordinator job: