Part-Time Education Program Coordinator
The Jamaica Center for Arts and Learning (JCAL) is recruiting an ambitious Education Program Coordinator to help implement JCAL’s after-school and in-school residencies and workshops, including its CASA and SU-CASA programs. The incumbent will have an additional dotted-line to the Associate Director of Education in connection with JCAL’s community-outreach programs.
The right candidate will be highly self-motivated and demonstrate contagious enthusiasm, creativity and passion. S/he will be experienced collaborating with diverse individuals and programs; will possess excellent organizational skills; and will present as a personable, teamwork-focused problem-solver.
• Operate seamlessly within JCAL’s Education Department to help implement after-school and in-school residencies and workshops, including its CASA and SU-CASA programs, as well as other community-outreach programs as assigned.
• Serve as point person for coordinating with, and communicating among, teaching artists, teachers, and stakeholders at partner organizations.
• Assist in the pre- and post-production for culminating on-site and/or off-site events.
• Assist with data collection and documentation for final reports.
• Travel, as needed, between Queens schools and senior centers.
• BA/BFA, or equivalent professional training and experience in the performing arts.
• Depth of experience working with diverse populations and catering to a wide range of abilities.
• Committed to, and passionate about, arts education; substantive musical background a major plus.
• Proficient in interpersonal and relationship-building skills, and time management.
• Highly organized, with particularly strong skills at meeting deadlines and multitasking.
• Proactive approach to project execution in tight time-frames, and always with a positive attitude.
• Ability to produce work calmly and quickly in a fast-paced, rigorous environment.
This is a part-time seasonal exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
JCAL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.
How to Apply
Qualified individuals, please submit a resume and short cover letter, including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org.Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: arts, arts center, coordinator, education, non-profit, and school. States: New York.
Please Share the Education Program Coordinator job: