Full-Time Education & Outreach Manager
Job Posting: Education & Outreach Manager
Reports to: Director of Artistic Programs
Employment Status: Full-time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Benefits: Health / Optional 403b Retirement. Position includes 10 Vacation, 8 Sick, 11 Holidays and Parking.
Supervises: Education Assistant, Program Interns, Volunteers, and Teaching Artists
Artspace, a non-profit visual arts center inspiring innovation through opportunities to experience the creative process and engage with artists, seeks a dynamic and knowledgeable Education & Outreach Manager.
Working with the Director of Artistic Programs, the Education & Outreach Manager is responsible for overseeing, planning and managing all aspects of Artspace’s educational programs, ensuring excellent delivery within approved budget parameters and in alignment with Artspace’s strategic plan. The Education & Outreach Manager is responsible for recruiting and training all teaching artists, volunteers, and interns involved in Artspace’s classes and workshops. The Education & Outreach Manager is responsible for the administration of program evaluations and in working with the Director of Artistic Programs to effectively assess all educational programs.
The Education & Outreach Manager reports directly to and works closely with the Director of Artistic Programs to create mindful and meaningful educational programs (youth and adult) that integrate with Artspace’s mission. The Education & Outreach Manager supervises the Education Assistant, program interns, and education volunteers.
Along with other staff and Board, the Education & Outreach Manager represents Artspace at public events, forges meaningful partnerships with area schools, artists, and community groups and works as an effective and proactive team player. The Education & Outreach manager works closely with the Development & Communication Department to ensure programming and funding opportunities are maximized.
Artspace is seeking a creative thinker who knows how to accomplish things independently while also serving as a highly functioning member of a team. Physically, the position requires climbing ladders, stairs, and lifting of 50 – 100 pounds on a regular basis.
- Plan, implement, and oversee the Artspace Summer Arts Program, including 50+ week-long youth classes, and 10+ evening and weekend workshops for teens and adults.
- Recruit, interview, and hire teaching artists, working with artists to create unique course content, write course descriptions, and provide images.
- Oversee and maintain balanced supply budget for all classes, as well as researching vendors and ordering all materials per teacher requests.
- Recruit, interview, hire and supervise interns for Summer Arts Program.
- Create and supervise daily schedules of approximately 25 volunteers.
- Research and secure lunch vendor for Summer Arts Program.
- Operate Scholarship Program, communicating with school teachers and families, coordinating mailings, maintaining all documentation for grants.
- Oversee and manage the Artspace field trip program, Process & Product (P&P), integrating the visual arts into subject matters across the curriculum for grades K-12.
- Prepare special activities within P&P structure on demand for various groups as requested.
- Supervise Education Assistant in daily operations of the program.
- Work with Director of Artistic Programs to seek and secure partnerships in the community for Artspace Outreach Programs. Coordinate all outreach programs, working with staff at each location, hire teaching artists, develop, oversee, and evaluate programs.
- Work closely with Director of Artistic Programs to curate educational programming that resonates thematically with scheduled exhibitions.
- Schedule and oversee all Art Happy Hour, Connect & Create classes, and Track Out Camps.
- Meet with artists to develop year round evening and daytime adult classes.
- Work with interested corporations to develop and plan all Corporate Creativity Workshops and Team Building activities.
- Work with Graphic Designer to create all educational program brochures and promotional materials.
- Assist development staff with fundraising efforts by providing content and budgets for grants. Prepare materials for grant reviews and participate in yearly grant review panels.
A Bachelors degree in arts, arts education, or related field with 5+ years arts education and/or programming experience. Masters degree in arts education, arts administration, or related field preferred. This position requires a collaborative working style and the ability to create innovative and exciting programs and meaningful partnerships.
The ideal candidate is someone who shows initiative, is energetic, imaginative, and highly organized. Strong organizational and computer skills are necessary. Competency with Microsoft Office required. Candidate should have exceptional communication skills and have knowledge of a wide range of art techniques and supplies. Candidate must handle multiple projects simultaneously and have an interest in working in an active office environment. Candidate should be knowledgeable about the visual arts, both applied and in an art historical context, and have experience developing, teaching and overseeing educational programs for youth, adults, and diverse audiences. Candidate must be attentive to detail. Involves some weekend and evening hours.
Salary commensurate with experience, opportunities for professional growth and development.
Send cover letter, resume, 3 reference contacts, and salary expectations to: Education & Outreach Manager Search Committee, Artspace, 201 E. Davie Street, Raleigh, NC 27601 or email email@example.com. No phone calls or email inquiries regarding the status of your application.
Please Share the Education & Outreach Manager job: