Full-Time Education Manager
The Education Manger is responsible for supporting all aspects of the Education Department programming, including leading the Teen Council, Neighborhood Program, Rep Immersion Days, and After-School Programming. Additionally, the Education Manager oversees curriculum development for residency programs and manages the Teaching Artists.
This position reports to the Education Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Co-Manage the design and implementation of community-based programming with the Education Director, including the implementation of the Neighborhood Program, and special projects based on productions
• Lead the execution of the Neighborhood Program, serving as primary liaison with community partners and residents
• Oversee The Rep’s Teen Council, creating a sustainable plan for its growth and expansion
• Manage and implement Education special events, including Rep Immersion Days, and the After-School Performances
• Oversee the curriculum development of all residency programs, including after school, in school, and summer residencies
• Supervise and evaluate Teaching Artists
• Observe and give guidance to Teaching Artists, assisting with Teaching Artist Training as needed
• Serve as lead teacher on residencies, workshops, and adult classes as needed
• Attend and participate in networking and collective impact meetings as appropriate
• Bachelor’s Degree with 2-4 years additional experience in arts education and/or arts administration
• Experience with teaching in an urban education environment preferred
• Understanding of and experience in cultivating community partnerships