Full-Time Education Coordinator
Weinberg/Newton Gallery is a contemporary art gallery that partners with nonprofit organizations to curate exhibitions and public programs focused on issues of social justice.
We are seeking a creative and motivated individual with experience in arts education and public programming to join our team as Education Coordinator.
Position: Full-time, Monday-Friday (10a-5p) with evening and weekend availability as required
Experience Required: 3 year minimum
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The Education Coordinator will be responsible for the research, development, planning, implementation, and evaluation of all educational workshops at Weinberg/Newton Gallery for student groups of all ages. This individual will work in collaboration with the gallery’s Director to find fresh and innovative ways to use our exhibitions as launchpads for nuanced and challenging dialogue that invites a diversity of audiences to our space. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic educator who is adept at fostering thoughtful conversation with groups who have various levels of experience looking at and talking about conceptual art.
Qualifications / Skills Required:
- Master’s degree in Art, Art History, Education, or Museum Studies and a minimum of 3 years of experience in an arts programming or education position (or equivalent experience)
- Knowledge of and experience in art-based teaching
- Demonstrated ability to effectively teach with works of art and to design lessons and develop curricula
- Familiarity with local art and/or social justice initiatives
- Great attention to detail and strong diplomatic and mediation skills
- Skilled writer
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement exhibition-specific curricula, including hands-on making activities, for school groups of all ages
- Manage education and programming budget
- Manage logistics for school group visits in dialogue with educators
- Find creative ways to increase awareness of our public and educational programming
- Assist in organizing a variety of public programs designed to address social justice themes
- Assist gallery’s director in creating opportunities for collaboration with relevant institutions and individuals, including activists, artists, educators, and community leaders
- Provide monthly programming reports to gallery team
- Maintain a consistent, organized, and timely workflow
Please send cover letter, resume, list of 3 references, and 1-3 samples of art education curriculum and/or programming you designed to email@example.com. Include the job title “Education Coordinator” in the subject line.Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, development, education, exhibition, gallery, history, and non-profit. States: Illinois.
Please Share the Education Coordinator job: