Part-Time Education & Community Outreach Coordinator
To develop, structure and coordinate all educational offerings and community outreach initiatives, including theatre and performing art classes, performance workshops, camps and education-based events for youth, and performance classes/workshops for adults. This position will ensure that all offerings respond to the needs of the community and adhere to the organization’s mission to “provide entertainment, education and opportunities for artistic expression through volunteerism and community involvement and support.”
A bachelor’s degree in theatre or related field is required.
Teaching experience is required.
Computer skills and good communication skills are required.
Program coordination experience in a nonprofit community-based setting highly desired.
Ability to encourage community involvement and to work with diverse populations valued.
This is a part time position with the possibility of becoming full time. While a regular work schedule will be established, flexibility is desired. Some weekends and evenings are required.
- Develop a year-round curriculum of theatre art classes and camps for youth and adults.
- Develop Lesson Plans for PBC School District approval to be renewed annually as an arts/cultural field trip provider for A.C.T.
- In collaboration with the Artistic Director and Executive Director, identify and develop a range of arts education classes for youth and adults.
- Coordinate the summer internship program for youth during the summer months/camps.
- Coordinate outreach arts programs at several local schools, and other locations in the community; and serve as the primary liaison with staff at these outreach sites.
- Develop and coordinate a series of summer theatre art camps for youth.
- Recruit, schedule, orient and supervise a diverse team of qualified performance instructors to teach classes at all locations and facilitate Level II background screenings through the FDLE.
- Assist with other community theatre arts events as necessary.
- Assist with outreach and marketing to promote enrollment and ensure diversity of participants.
- In conjunction with the Marketing Director, promote Lake Worth Playhouse programs in local schools and the community through direct contact, fliers, mailings, email, etc.
- Build relationships with students, families, colleagues, members of other educational organizations and afterschool programs, community partners, community leaders and individual community members. Attend monthly CEdC meetings – Cultural Education Committee meetings for all arts and cultural education providers in PBC (locations vary among provider sites), hosted by the Cultural Council.
- Perform administrative duties to ensure effective program operation.
- Work closely with Artistic Director and Executive Director, to develop arts programming goals and objectives that achieve the mission of the Lake Worth Playhouse. Ensure high-quality accessible programming with broad appeal to maximize community participation.
- In collaboration with Executive Director, assign space for education classes/events and monitor facility needs.
- Establish contracts with all teaching artists and partner organizations (outreach class sites) and prepare invoices as needed.
- Maintain accurate and thorough program records including: class lists, schedules and descriptions, teacher and student surveys and other necessary documentation and support materials.
- Assist with grant writing for outreach/education program funding and assist in collecting relevant data and preparing reports for current and potential funders.
- Participate in annual budgeting process and monitor program spending to ensure it stays within the allotted budget.
- Outreach Awareness – partner with community organizations that serve or have as a mission a theme linked to a mainstage show and highlight them through the run
- Other duties as assigned.
Apply for this Job