Education and Family Administrator
The Education and Family Programs Administrator is a part-time position (some evenings and weekends), reporting to the Director of Education and Public Programs, and is responsible to assist across all FTH EDU programs, including school shows, residencies, workshops, assemblies, after-school programs, and senior center programs. Prospective candidates should have a strong arts education and administration background and passion for the diverse arts and cultures of NYC.
- Promote school and family programs with visits to schools and senior centers, creating flyers, postcards, and e-blasts.
- Draft educational content for program books, DOE presentations, study guides, and FTH EDU webpages.
- Provide administrative support including data collecting and management and reporting, invoicing, purchase orders, program reports, photo releases, and post-show surveys.
- Draft content for study guides, and FTH EDU webpages.
- Assist at school and family performance series, including check-in, production assistance, and audience management.
- Assist in researching new work for future educational or family programming.
- Report directly to the Director of Education and Public Programs, and in collaboration with the Education and Public Programs Associates.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience in arts education, arts administration, performing arts, visual arts, folklore, cultural anthropology, ethnomusicology, and/or education.
- Applicants should be familiar with NYS Common Core Learning Standards and/or NYC Blueprints for Teaching and Learning in the Arts.
- Organized self-starter, with strong time-management skills.
- Excellent public speaking, interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Must be available to work some evenings and weekends.
- Positive collaborator, open to learning and feedback.
- Artistic and cultural experience is a plus.
- Multilingual skills are a plus (Mandarin, Korean, Spanish, etc.).
- If hired, per NY State Department of Education policy for working with school students, all hires must undergo a fingerprint supported background check. In addition, NY State Department of Education and Flushing Town Hall require full COVID-19 vaccination compliance.
This is a part-time position ($25/hour; 20 hours/ week—hours may increase during the school year; no benefits) that requires occasional evening and weekend availability. Hybrid working models will be considered. Some site visits to schools, senior centers, and/or in-person meetings will be mandatory.
Learn more about Flushing Town Hall Education at https://flushingtownhall.org/education
For consideration, email a cover letter that outlines how your background and expertise will fit in with our program, a resume, and contact information and relationship for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “(YOUR NAME): Education Administrator” listed in the subject line.
No phone calls or mail submissions.
Flushing Town Hall is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
FTH provides equal access and equal opportunity in employment and services and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, or physical ability.
About Flushing Town Hall
Flushing Town Hall (FTH) presents multi-disciplinary global arts that engage and educate the global communities of Queens and New York City, to foster mutual appreciation. As advocates of arts equity since 1979, we support local, immigrant, national, and international artists, developing partnerships and collaborations that enhance our efforts. As a member of New York City’s Cultural Institutions Group (CIG), we serve to restore, manage, and program the historic 1862 landmark on behalf of the City of New York. FTH celebrates the history of Queens as the home of Jazz, by presenting the finest in Jazz performance. We are committed to arts education and hands-on learning, for the arts-curious, arts enthusiasts, and professional artists. We serve one of the most diverse communities in the world and strive to uphold the legacy of inclusiveness that has defined our community since the Flushing Remonstrance of 1657.
FTH Education Team (FTH EDU) offers over 150 music, theater, dance, spoken word, and visual arts programs to over 31,000 students, teachers, seniors, and family members per year. Since pandemic, FTH EDU also offers global arts programming online, presenting virtual educational, arts and cultural experiences, to reach students and families online in New York and across the country.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: advertising, arts administration, arts education, media, and performing arts. States: New York.
Please Share the Education and Family Administrator job: