Part-Time Early Music Vocal Coach and Lecturer
• Early Music Vocal Coach and Lecturer
• Yale Institute of Sacred Music
• Yale School of Music
The Yale Institute of Sacred Music and Yale School of Music seek a half-time lecturer in early music vocal coaching.
The job duties include weekly hour-long coaching in the style of practice of early vocal repertoire to 8-10 graduate vocal majors in the Institute and School. Additionally, one course is taught each term in either the repertoire or performance practice of early vocal repertoire.
Assistance in vocal chamber music projects each term as well as recital preparation of the vocal majors is also expected.
• Extensive knowledge of vocal repertoire and style from the middle ages to the mid-18th century, with special emphasis on the Renaissance and Baroque.
• General understanding of the voice and extensive experience working with and performing with singers.
• Proficiency in the major Western singing languages: French, German, Italian, English and Latin. Master’s degree in music or equivalent is strongly preferred.
• Strong proficiency and reputation in an instrument appropriate to these periods is also expected.
One-year term (renewable) upon successful completion of annual reviews.
In addition to the annual salary, the successful candidate is eligible for health and retirement benefits.
Yale University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Yale values diversity among its students, staff, and faculty and strongly welcomes applications from women, persons with disabilities, protected veterans, and underrepresented minorities
How to Apply:
Send letter of application, CV, and names of three references via email to Kristen Forman, Executive Assistant to the Director, Yale Institute of Sacred Music at firstname.lastname@example.org
No other materials/recordings at this time.
Applications will be read beginning April 20, 2018.
Apply for this Job