Full-Time Drama Teacher
American Heritage School is a top ranked private school located in South Florida. The Theatre Department produces 10 productions each academic year. The Fine Arts building includes a Broadway-style Proscenium theatre, a spacious Black Box theatre, and a classroom-style Studio Theatre supported by a fully equipped Scene Shop. American Heritage School offers a full range of Technical Theatre courses.
We are looking for a committed Teacher to complement our qualified workforce of educators. You will be responsible for preparing and implementing a full educational teaching plan according to the school’s requirements. It will be fundamental to provide knowledge and instruction to students while also helping them develop their personalities and skills. The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust. They will know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process. The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest in education and be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
- Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning. Curriculum includes: Beginning to Advance Acting students, all “methods” of acting (i.e. Meisner, Uta Hagen, etc.), Shakespeare, Voice & Movement, Improvisation, Comedy, & Classical & Contemporary Literature.
- Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments etc.)
- Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades and feedback
- Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom
- Collaborate with other teachers and the Administration and participate in regular meetings
- Plan and execute educational in-class and off campus activities and events. To include all District & State Thespian Acting categories and, at times, adjudicated festivals.
- Direct Freshmen/Sophomore play, Junior/Senior play, and Senior Showcase
- Observe and understand students’ behavior and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
- Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences etc.
- Proven experience as a teacher and director (Prerequisite: 5 years minimum teaching in HS)
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and committed
- Creative and energetic
- Strong moral values and discipline
- Knowledge of CPR
- Degree in teaching or in a specialized subject with a certificate in education (Degree: BFA)
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts education, drama, performing arts, teacher, and teaching. States: Florida.
Please Share the Drama Teacher job: