Full-Time Director of Visual Arts Programs
This is a full-time position heading the Program Department. Send resume and cover letter (in a single, PDF document) to email@example.com
Housed in the 100-year-old Mountain City Mill on the banks of Carroll Creek in historic downtown Frederick, The Delaplaine Arts Center has been serving the community since 1986. This vibrantly active nonprofit organization welcomes over 85,000 visitors each year to the 40,000 square foot flagship of the arts.
We are seeking a Director Of Programs to join our team! You will run a vibrant curriculum with a variety of visual arts programs. You will have the joy of working with a dedicated team who all believe that “Everyone Deserves Art.”
Overview of Responsibilities:
· Oversee education, exhibition and outreach programs.
· Is Director of Program Department supervising departmental staff of three.
· Is responsible for overseeing fiscal health and budgeting constraints of the Program Department.
· Recruits new instructors, oversees all current instructors.
· Oversees arts reference library and library volunteers.
· Works with facilities staff to keep classroom spaces, equipment, and supplies up to high standards.
· Continually seeks ways to improve/evolve programs to further the mission of the organization.
Detail of Responsibilities:
· Reports directly to the CEO, and is part of the Senior Staff.
· Oversees Instructor payroll.
· Continually seeks ways to intermingle the programming administered by Outreach, Instruction and Exhibit Managers.
· Oversees maintenance and design of classroom spaces, equipment, and supplies.
· Prepares all promotional copy for program marketing.
· Ensures that instructional programs adhere to the Standards and Goals (as listed in the Instruction Policy).
· Ensures that there is continual assessment programs in order to guide continual improvements/evolution of programs.
· Acts as community liaison for classes by answering questions, giving facility tours, visiting schools, and performing other related duties as necessary.
· Oversees establishing partnerships and new programs with area service organizations. Partners with appropriate staff members as necessary and indicated by the type of program.
· Minimum of 5 years experience in nonprofit arts or nonprofit education business
· Minimum 3 years of experience in supervising staff
· Proven ability to manage budgets, and track finances
· Extremely organized
· Knowledge of a variety of arts media
· Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
· Ability to prioritize and multitask
· Deadline and detail-oriented
$55,000, plus medical insurance (after three months) and parking stipend.
Position will remain open until the right candidate is found.
How to Apply:
Apply online at: https://delaplaine.org/about/employment-opportunities/Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts administration, director, financial, non-profit, supervisor, and visual arts. States: Maryland.
Please Share the Director of Visual Arts Programs job: