Full-Time Director of Marketing & Communications
Ballet Hispánico is seeking an experienced professional to lead marketing and communications initiatives for the premier Latino dance company in the United States. The Director of Marketing & Communications is a full-time exempt employee of Ballet Hispánico reporting to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) serving as a key member of the senior staff. The position directs marketing initiatives related to earned revenue programs that include Company ticket sales in New York City and nationally, School of Dance enrollment, Community Arts Partnership program fees, and studio rentals. Under the supervision of the CDO, the individual will oversee adherence to the branding guidelines for all advertising and marketing materials to maximize brand recognition and integrity, while increasing earned and contributed revenues. This position will manage press relations, working closely with an external publicist on any public relations opportunities for the institution. This position collaborates with supporting vendors, including independent graphic designers, photographers, videographers, and printers.
About the Organization
Ballet Hispánico is a cultural nonprofit whose mission and vision have made an indelible impact on the artistic, social, and cultural life of the nation. From its origins as a dance school and community-based performing arts troupe in the early 1970s, Ballet Hispánico has become a world class institution. Through its electric contemporary performances, its School of Dance, and its signature community engagement programs, Ballet Hispánico is now poised to evolve and extend the unique role it plays in New York City and across the country as it seeks to become a driving force in the cultural, educational, and social mainstream nationally and internationally.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Implement an annual operating plan for the marketing efforts of the organization.
• Lead strategic planning of marketing campaigns for BH Company to maximize
ticket sales and touring engagements, and for BH School of Dance to increase
• Oversee compelling and effective advertising campaigns to further BH’s brand
awareness, build credibility, and support fundraising.
• Develop and manage media budget, creative budget, and media purchasing.
• Undertake and maintain measurements of return on investment to effectively
analyze and understand sales trends and efficiencies within the marketing
• In collaboration with the External Affairs team, conceive and manage audience
development strategies and increase high-value patron experiences.
• Support corporate sponsorship programs by assisting in developing strategies and
outreach, and ensuring appropriate recognition and other fulfillment of benefits.
• Develop and implement creative group sales strategies for the Company’s annual
New York seasons, especially as related to corporate sponsors.
• Direct procurement of media partnerships to offset advertising costs and creatively
enhance the institutional profile of BH.
• Establish and maintain cross-promotional partnerships with Latino groups, arts
organizations, and corporations.
• Coordinate closely with theater presenters and other partners to manage and grow
the brand in national and international touring cities.
• Serve as on-staff point person for press relations, including coordination of guest
appearances, interviews, photography, and on site visits.
• Expand BH relationships with online, local, national, and Spanish-language media
• Serve as a thought partner around messaging and strategy for public affairs
• Represent the organization in public, at official functions, and to the media as
• Working with the Artistic Director & CEO, apply standards that promote continuity
and consistency across BH communications practices.
• Draft and/or edit institutional communication materials.
• Oversee and execute new media technologies that will drive sales initiatives and
further enhance public relations efforts.
• Oversee social media strategy to grow the BH brand and community online, from
the development of campaigns to the day-to-day management of BH social media
• Manage and monitor the growth possibilities of the organization’s merchandise
• Manage an off-site publicist.
Skills and Knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications required; Master’s degree
• At least 5 years of management experience in the field of marketing, ideally in a
nonprofit arts organization or related creative industry
• Proven success in developing marketing strategies, promoting brand awareness,
and increasing consumer engagement
• Expert knowledge and grasp of both traditional and modern communication
• Excellent project management skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments while ensuring all deadlines are met
• Proficiency in Spanish language preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Ballet Hispanico provides an excellent benefits package, including individual medical, dental, and vision insurance, 403B plan, and paid time off.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Joshua Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
Please Share the Director of Marketing & Communications job: