Director of Marketing
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing Director develops comprehensive plans and ensures all marketing efforts are effectively carried out across the organization to help maximize ticket sales, maintain consistent brand image, reinforce key messages, and build positive awareness and attitude among attendees, donors, and the community.
- Provides direction and supervision for all marketing staff, including marketing manager and graphic designer, as well as external marketing resources.
- Develops strategic marketing plans and messages, determines how brand is represented, works within budget to ensure consistent message and brand/image across all marketing efforts.
- Contributes marketing perspective and expertise to programming, pricing, development, educational outreach, visual arts, and event planning decisions
- As Program Publisher, determines content calendar and editorial direction, solicits ad sales/materials, oversees design and production through delivery. Sets ad rates and specs.
- Serves as liaison to resident companies, rentals, and community partners to provide marketing counsel, sell packages and facilitate marketing projects.
- Plans, prioritizes and schedules all marketing communications for shows, events, exhibits and the organization as a whole, including all forms of advertising, publicity, website, emails, publications, social media, signage, and other methods. Works with marketing manager to track.
- Guides development of the Annual Report, establishing visual themes and key messages.
- Establishes and enforces policies and procedures in these areas as needed.
- Provides input on annual budget for marketing.
- Develops, writes, solicits and edits content for the Theater Program and website. Establishes key messages and writes copy for marketing materials, including but not limited to ads, press releases, annual report, brochures, flyers, cards and invitations.
- Serves as primary contact for news media including editors, reporters, and critics, delivering prompt and appropriate response and thorough follow up. Works to expand geographic reach and media exposure.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strategic thinker with the ability to view marketing projects within the larger context.
- Thorough understanding of marketing communications functions and a working knowledge of the requirements for all forms of advertising, publicity, social media, events, websites, graphic design, print and production, with the ability and willingness to step in at any level to ensure timely execution.
- Very strong writing, editing and verbal communication skills, able to tailor messages to diverse audiences using a variety of styles.
- As part of a hands-on team, able to work independently and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment, bringing an organization-wide viewpoint to problem solving and decision making.
- Responsible, organized, detail-oriented, and adept at working with others at all levels of the organization and with outside groups to meet goals and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related area.
- A minimum of five years of related experience, non-profit/arts strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, other software as needed. Familiarity with Salesforce/Patron Manager a plus.
- Comfortable and interested in the arts world with a commitment to advancing arts and culture in the Tri-Valley area.
- Physical ability to work long hours when needed
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs
Salary Range: Starting at $65,000
The mission of Livermore Valley Performing Arts Center (LVPAC) is “to offer a broad range of arts opportunities and experiences to engage our diverse community.” We agree that a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees, volunteers, and patrons, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, or disability, feels valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and providing equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all areas.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: Chris Carter, Executive Director, email@example.com AND Reanna Bradford, Director of Finance, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts center, communication, director, management, marketing, and performing arts. States: California.
Please Share the Director of Marketing job: