Full-Time Director of Major Gifts
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer (CDO), the Director of Major Gifts (DMG) is a vibrant, engaging, and meticulous leader. The DMG manages and inspires a Major Gift team of three and is responsible for maximizing contributed revenue from major gift members and donors. The DMG collaborates with the CDO to develop and implement strategies to increase major gifts, including planned giving, for the annual fund and the capital campaign. The Director Major Gifts (DMG) actively drives fundraising efforts from individual donors with a focus on 5 and 6 figure gifts in support of the capital campaign, and annual fund. The DMG’s function will be two-fold: h/she will serve as the primary steward, solicitor of a portfolio of major gift prospects and donors; and h/she will manage the major gift team composed of three staff members who also manage individual relationships, and have donor portfolios. The DMG must be an experienced fundraiser and a self-directed team member who cultivates strong relationships with patrons to deepen engagement and increase support. The DMG communicates a compelling vision of the organization’s mission, programs, and message to gain enthusiasm and support from existing and prospective donors, and from the philanthropic community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to MCB leadership on all major gifts development activities.
- Track donations and gifts received in Tessitura.
- Maintain accountability to administrative systems and procedures.
- Participate in the effective leadership, planning, and operations of the MCB.
Solicitation and Fundraising:
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to develop and refine major gift strategies to increase individual giving for a capital campaign.
- Manage a portfolio of 100 major gift prospects: identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors.
- Write briefings and proposals for prospect meetings; compile contact reports; and track donor activity within the Tessitura database.
- Identify and secure support for major special event fundraisers.
- Create programming from conception through execution to cultivate and steward donors.
- Share responsibility for reaching capital campaign and annual fundraising goals.
- Cultivate and maintain extensive knowledge about the Miami City Ballet (MCB) and annual programs, initiatives, and activities in order to present a compelling vision of the Ballet to existing and prospective donors.
- Support the Development Team to implement all fundraising activities.
- Provides support for CDO in working with the Development Committee of the Board, including preparing fundraising progress reports and facilitating and assisting volunteer leaders’ involvement in the qualification, cultivation, and solicitation processes.
- Oversees Donor Services program to deliver best-in-class service and stewardship of donors and ensures a high level of satisfaction.
- Ensures prompt acknowledgment of all pertinent gifts and pledges.
- Ensures fulfillment of promised donor recognition.
Communication, Analysis, and Reporting:
- Leverages new strategic plan to involve and solicit donors and prospects.
- With CDO, develops strategies and executes tactics to expand planned giving program.
- Achieves quarterly metrics for donor and prospect contacts and solicitations.
- Tracks and plans donor and prospect moves in Tessitura.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
Potential candidates will have seven (7) or more years of related experience, with a career track that demonstrates increasing levels of tenure and job status from one or more of the following roles:
- Development executive in a modern dance or ballet company, symphony orchestra, festival, regional theater, or performing arts center.
- Development executive from other nonprofits like hospitals, universities, foundations, etc., but with a proven understanding of the nonprofit arts field and knowledge of the arts, particularly ballet.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics and experience:
- Achievement in managing and moving a pipeline of over 100 donors and prospects.
- Experience and comfort in moves management functionality of a database.
- Ability to work on multiple solicitations simultaneously in a team-based environment.
- Excellent strategic, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a diverse environment.
- Knowledge of planned giving vehicles.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of technology as communication, management reporting, and systems tools.
- Ability to set priorities, develop schedules, and monitor progress toward goals.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and an ever-positive demeanor.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for MCB’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, ideally with an advanced degree in a field related to the position. CFRE is a plus.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Miami City Ballet seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. Miami City Ballet is committed to maintaining an inclusive community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. Miami City Ballet is an EEO employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, ballet, development, director, and fund-raising. States: Florida.
Please Share the Director of Major Gifts job: