Full-Time Director of Development and Communications
• Full-Time Job
• Ridgefield Playhouse for Movies anda the Performing Arts, Inc.
The Director of Development and Communications will be responsible for creating and implementing strategies to meet revenue goals; and for the marketing, special events and public relations activities of the organization.
The Director will report directly to the Executive Director and oversee all fundraising and communications activities and staff, as well as special events.
The Director will primarily focus on Development; however, he/she will also spend approximately 20% of his/her time on Marketing and Communications activities for The Ridgefield Playhouse.
- Lead the Development and Communications team in designing and implementing a diversified fundraising plan to prepare the organization to meet ambitious fundraising goals for general operating support and special projects or programs. Supervision should include training team members to ensure cross functionally among positions. While each team member will have a specialty, all should be able to step into other roles when necessary.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with funding sources and identify and initiate new opportunities to expand the foundation, corporate, and individual donor base.
- Respond to government requests for proposals and other public sector funding opportunities
- Develop effective working relationships with the Board of Directors; actively engage board leadership, board members and community volunteers in the development, training, endorsement and implementation of annual fundraising plan
- Oversee the preparation of high-quality and timely grant proposals, solicitations, funder reports, acknowledgements, and any other communications required to support ongoing fundraising activities. Manage donor/funder tracking programs and staff responsible for data entry.
- Plan and oversee marketing and public relations activities, promoting and expanding the visibility of the organization and managing the Ridgefield Playhouse brand for both internal and external audiences. Create internal systems and processes to gather information from the field and share with staff.
- Oversee production of all print and virtual PR materials, including newsletters/ e-newsletters, annual appeals and reports, and information packets.
- Plan and execute special event, including cultivation, recognition, construction-related functions, press conferences and the annual Playhouse Gala
- Maintain and provide upgrades to the Ridgefield Playhouse public website and public information communications, including social media.
- BA in related field required; MA preferred
- At least 5 years experience in development, communications and/or program in the non-profit field, with demonstrated success in cultivating and maintaining relationships with stakeholders and funders
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational and managerial skills, ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills (writing sample required)
- Knowledge of or readiness to learn Showare ticketing program.
- Commitment to education, youth development, housing and poverty issues
- Sense of humor
Compensation And Benefits
Salary range 90,000- 120,000 commensurate with experience; benefits are competitive
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: development, director, fund-raising, management, and theatre. States: Connecticut.
Please Share the Director of Development and Communications job: