Full-Time Director of Development
The Institute of Music for Children (IMC) is excited to announce an opening for a full-time, creative, energetic and engaged Director of Development.
Do you love the arts? Do you believe in the power of education to change the lives of urban youth? Are you entrepreneurial and self-motivated? Do you think you are the person to take a growing non-profit to the next stage?
The Institute is New Jersey’s fastest growing arts-based youth development agency, having program and fiscal expansion of more than 250% over the last three years. Under the leadership of award-winning Executive Director Alysia Souder, we believe that IMC is poised to for significant expansion of its development portfolio and national profile.
The Director of Development is responsible for implementing all of IMC’s individual, foundation, government and corporate development initiatives, including Board Development. The Director also works closely with Program staff on all grant reporting. IMC’s new Strategic Plan calls for the incoming Director to focus on growing the Board and Individual Donor base through engagement and events. Her/his responsibilities will include:
• Building a Development plan that is integrated with the IMC’s strategic plan.
• Directing, managing, and growing IMC’s institutional and individual donor base.
• Working with staff and volunteers to run an annual campaign and fundraising events.
• Working with the Board to identify suitable prospects for the Board of Trustees.
• Conducting prospect research, grant writing and reporting.
• Identifying, cultivating, and soliciting institutional donors.
• Facilitating relationships between the Executive Director and major donors.
• Providing regular reports to the Executive Director and to the Board of Trustees.
• Maintaining donor records, gift acknowledgment, and financial records.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 3+ years of development experience in a mid-to-large non-profit environment.
• Experience with annual giving, major gift solicitation, and special events.
•Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Vision, creativity, flexibility, and the capacity to execute IMC’s strategic plan.
- Personable, positive, helpful personality; Customer service mindset.
- Sensitivity, discretion, and a sense of humor.
- Ability to manage competing demands, and adapt to frequent or unexpected changes.
- Comfortable command of all application software in the Mac OS environment
- Knowledge of urban communities or Spanish language fluency a plusINTRIGUED?
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit the IMC website (www.instituteofmusic.org) to gain insight into our mission and impact. Please submit a cover letter, resume and two writing samples (one grant and one donor appeal) to Executive Director Alysia Souder (email@example.com). Email only, no phone calls.
Please Share the Director of Development job: