Director of Development
Title of Position: Director of Development
Salary Range: $65,000-$80,000
The Director of Development for Breckenridge Creative Arts (BCA) is the organization’s primary staff fundraiser and is responsible for raising contributed income each year of approximately $500,000 working in close collaboration with the President + CEO, the Board of Directors and Board Fundraising Committees. This front-line fundraising professional will identify, cultivate, solicit, and build strong relationships with donors, patrons, key businesses, foundations, government, and other community partners that currently support BCA’s privately funded division, Breck Music. This position also oversees grant writing and management for BCA’s publicly funded division, BreckCreate, and will lead feasibility testing and integration of the combined entity’s resource development programs. The Director of Development facilitates the functions of staff, Board and auxiliary groups associated with resource development and is an active participant in fundraising all events.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Development will be a confident and successful fundraiser with the ability to consistently achieve ambitious contributed revenue goals. The selected individual will possess the skills to effectively build consensus where teamwork is required. They will demonstrate excellent critical thinking, interpersonal, communication, and strategic planning skills, with an innate ability to articulate compelling messages for support both verbally and in writing. Receptive to new ideas and sincerely devoted to authentic relationships with donors and colleagues, the Director of Development will be a self-directed and emotionally intelligent leader. They will possess the flexibility to work with diverse personalities and be effective in high energy environments. The Director of Development will demonstrate tact, diplomacy, attention to detail, respect for others, and a cultural sensitivity while creating a work environment that is productive, engaging, and supportive.
- Develop and implement, in partnership with the President + CEO and Board of Directors, a long- and short-term fundraising plan that will meet ongoing institutional financial goals and needs.
- Assess the status of current fiscal year fundraising efforts and provide focus, direction, and support as needed.
- Maintain contributed revenue to support the organization’s artistic vision, and education and community engagement goals while researching and incorporating strategies for growth in two to three years of the fundraising plan.
- Research, develop, implement, and document a systemic approach to donor lists and prospecting, cultivation, engagement, stewardship, and recognition opportunities for all donors, subscribers, and sponsors.
- Partner with the President + CEO, Board, and Committee Chairs in all fundraising activities and furnishing partners with regular progress reports.
- Generate development content and materials such as annual report, direct mail solicitations, grants and case statements.
- Oversee the Corporate Giving program
- Create a streamlined plan to cultivate and steward $1000+ donors and prospects.
- Professionally represent Breckenridge Creative Arts in the community, reflecting the mission, vision, values, and goals with credibility, passion, and enthusiasm.
- Maintain a robust schedule of fundraising and engagement events and other activities that support BCA goals.
- Additional responsibilities in support of the overall organization.
Position requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years of fundraising experience in a nonprofit organization, ideally within the arts and culture field.
- Proven ability to cultivate donor relationships and close $1000+ gifts.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, written communication, and public speaking skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, SharePoint.
- Knowledge of CRM systems. Knowledge of Salesforce and Audience View Platforms a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evening and weekend work.
- Health Insurance (80/20)
- Dental and vision insurance (60/40)
- 401(K) Match up to 3% – eligibility requirements for participation and match
- Parking Pass
- Paid Personal Time
- (2) Floating Holidays
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance (100% employer paid)
- Art Classes/workshops at no charge – employee only
Please apply online at www.breckcreate.org/opportunities/director-of-development/
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, development, director, and fund-raising. States: Colorado.
Please Share the Director of Development job: