Director of Development
Orlando Shakespeare Theater is looking for a dynamic and experienced fundraiser ready to promote Central Florida’s largest professional theater company. If you are a savvy non-profit administrator looking to join a team of hardworking and dedicated artists and staff in a fast paced and exciting environment, we are eager to meet you. Are you the perfect player to fill our role?
The Director of Development will design and execute a strategic development plan and will boost the long-term health of the organization by building meaningful and productive relationships with funders.
- Oversee all strategies related to cultivating, soliciting, retaining, and upgrading donors through comprehensive fundraising programs including major and planned gifts, corporate sponsorships, foundation and public sector grants, events, and an annual campaign.
- Collaborate with the Managing and Artistic Directors to determine the overall fundraising goals for the year and develop an appropriate expense budget to achieve the goals.
- Facilitate the Board’s participation in cultivating, soliciting, and acknowledging donors and serve as lead staff person on relevant Board committees.
- Oversee accurate, reliable, and timely donor information management including gift processing and acknowledgement, donor prospecting and research, and active management of donor records.
- Supervise the performance of Development staff members by providing direct feedback, developing annual performance goals, coaching, and mentoring as appropriate.
- Represent the organization at events such as major donor functions, receptions, community events, etc.
- Five years of experience managing fundraising for a nonprofit organization
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Experience with Salesforce CRM a plus Physical / Environmental Demands:
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Required to talk and hear With more than 25 years in Central Florida, our mission is to provide bold professional theater, develop new plays, and provide innovative educational experiences that enrich our community.
Noise level in the environment is moderate.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position
Reports To: Managing Director
Staff Schedule: Full-Time
Salary is competitive – depending upon experience.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, references, salary requirements, and resume to DouglasLR@OrlandoShakes.org with the name of the position you are applying for in your cover letter.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: development, director, fund-raising, management, non-profit, and theatre. States: Florida.
Please Share the Director of Development job: