Digital Marketing Associate
About Second Stage Theater
At Second Stage, we create and champion plays and musicals solely from living American writers. On our mainstage Broadway theater, the Hayes, and in our two Off Broadway theaters over the past 40 years, we have developed and presented over 200 daring and provocative theatrical experiences by working with countless artists who have contributed their talents to our award-winning productions. As the only Broadway company exclusively devoted to living American writers Second Stage is dedicated to introducing the world to bold and diverse voices of American creativity.
The Digital Marketing Associate will be a critical teammate for the Director of Marketing with responsibility for managing and executing marketing and membership campaigns that keep the theater’s brand fresh to our existing patrons while attracting new audiences. The position works in close partnership with the Marketing department to utilize industry best practices in digital marketing strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, manage, and execute content strategies for the company’s social media platforms
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar as part of the overall marketing calendar
- Generate key video and graphic assets used to drive marketing campaigns
- Assist in producing in-house digital video content
- Create a weekly newsletter in collaboration with graphic designer and copy editor
- Assist with developing content strategy, key messaging, and drafting content copy for communications pieces for each production and other institutional projects
- Identify trends and optimize spend and performance based on insights
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals
- Stay up to date with developments in digital and social advertising practices and generate new ideas to engage audiences
- Participate in creative discussions with outside advertising agency and designers
- Other duties as assigned
- Manage all aspects of company’s website
- Maintain up to date information and work with other departments to make adjustments/updates as needed.
Skills & Qualifications
- 1-2 years of digital marketing, preferably in the performing arts
- Strong written and oral communication skills, the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and ability to work in teams and communicate a coherent vision to a group while also incorporating feedback on those ideas is essential
- Excellent knowledge of all social media platforms, current trends, and best practices.
- Use Facebook Creator Studio to draft, schedule, and post to Instagram & Facebook
- Navigate Instagram Insights to derive analytical reporting Understanding of best content practices (Instagram Reels, etc)
- Working knowledge of an email management service (preferably Wordlfy)
- Ability or interest in learning to edit, design, and copywrite in the Wordfly system
Base salary starting at $50,000 annually
Second Stage offers a full benefits package including vacation, medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance and long-term disability coverage upon eligibility.
Second Stage values diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and is an inclusive employer.
Second Stage is dedicated to building an equitable environment that is mixed across lines of difference and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender and non-binary candidates. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information about Second Stage, visit www.2st.com.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: advertising, marketing, media, performing arts, and social media. States: New York.
Please Share the Digital Marketing Associate job: