Full-Time Digital Fabrication Lab Manager
About Lesley University:
Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Lesley University is highly regarded for its graduate and undergraduate programs in education, the arts, and applied social sciences. Lesley fosters a highly creative environment in which innovative ideas thrive, theory is integrated with practice and its 7,000 students and 83,000 alumni are empowered to improve and enrich communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, life, and long-term-disability insurance. In addition, we offer generous amounts of vacation and holiday time, as well as a tuition remission policy that enables employees to expand their knowledge and skills.
Information on the Department:
Academic Computing is a department within the Lesley University College of Art and Design, known as Lesley Art + Design. The Academic Computing department supports all the academic technology needs of the LA+D community both within and outside the classroom. The department oversees six specialized computer labs, a digital printing lab, a digital fabrication lab, an equipment check-out area, and all a/v equipment throughout the LA+D academic facilities.
The Digital Fabrication Lab Manager will oversee the day-to-day operation of the Fabrication Lab at Lesley Art + Design, with comprehensive understanding of all tools, machinery and safety protocols. He/she will develop user manuals and safety policies, and will ensure compliance with safety standards including hazardous material reporting. The DFLM will organize training programs for all students and faculty planning to use the Fabrication Lab in collaboration with Academic Computing staff, and offer individual training for specialized tools/machinery. Reporting to the Director of Academic Computing, DFLM will train and supervise a team of student employees to provide coverage during all open hours of Fabrication Lab.
- BFA, or BA in art technology or related field.
- A minimum of three years of experience with fabrication, including but not limited to: laser cutting, 3D printing, 2D/3D modeling, CNC machines and Shopbot machines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sculptural processes and materials.
- A minimum of one year of experience in successfully supervising college students.
- Broad knowledge of a variety of software packages including the Adobe suite and CAD software.
- Versatile in Mac and Windows operating systems.
- Must demonstrate strong customer services skills, communication skills and the ability to act with professionalism in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States; if you hold a visa, your visa status must allow you to work at Lesley University.
Background checks are required for all positions.
Salary Grade 25: $53,769 – $63,984
Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.
This position requires occasional evening and weekend work.
Must have ability to lift significant weight and be comfortable with various material odors and machine noise levels.
A cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references must be included for full consideration.
Applications will be reviewed upon the establishment of an appropriate pool of candidates.
Apply on-line at: https://lesley.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=102113
Please Share the Digital Fabrication Lab Manager job: