This position reports to and works closely with the DRAA Executive Director on development initiatives and collaborates with a small DRAA team and key staff at the Lesher Center. We seek an experienced development specialist with a passion for the arts and an outstanding ability to communicate our mission to patrons, donors, and the community. Physical presence at the DRAA Office is expected, remote on occasion or for special projects.
The Development Manager must have a strong desire to make a difference in our region’s enhancement of the arts. There is an opportunity for advancement based on performance.
Essential Job Duties
- Under the supervision of the DRAA Executive Director, the Development Manager will lead development initiatives for DRAA, which include corporate, institutional, foundations, and individuals
- Draft grant and sponsorship proposals for DRAA and supported programs from the Lesher Center for the Arts, Bedford Gallery, and Center Repertory Company
- Research new donor opportunities, including corporate, institutional, foundations, and individuals
- Assist in the planning and execution of donor and fundraising events and other activities, some of which occur in the evenings and on weekends
- Assist in cultivating current individuals, corporations, and foundational donors and in forming new relationships
- Prepare deposits of all donations
- Manage and leverage DonorPerfect software for tracking donations and memberships, supporting overall development efforts, and streamlining donor experience for a variety of donation types in collaboration with the Program Manager
- Enter donations into DonorPerfect and prepare donor acknowledgments in partnership with the Program Manager and Community Engagement Specialist
- Create donor recognition and donor solicitation copy and content for brochures, direct mail, social media content, website donor information, press releases, and newsletters in collaboration with the Head of Marketing
- Draft press releases announcing Grant Awards and other newsworthy items in collaboration with the Head of Marketing
- Other duties in support of DRAA and the Lesher Center as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Business, Public Relations, or a related field
- Institutional fundraising experience, preferably for a nonprofit organization
- Exceptional writing ability, including authorship of applications for grants, sponsorship proposals, and press releases
- A team member that is eager to “pitch in” to get things done
- A warm, outgoing, friendly personality with the ability to interface with all levels of management, decision-makers, and the public
- A desire to learn, advance, and grow
- Reliable transportation, vehicle insurance, and valid CA driver’s license
Salary $65,000-$75,000 with the potential to negotiate based on experience
Benefits Medical plan reimbursement and paid vacation days for a full-time schedule
Along with your resume, provide salary history and relevant writing samples, and include a cover letter indicating why you are the best candidate for the role.
Please send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be included in the first round of review, submit your application by August 22, 2022.
The position will be open until filled.
No phone or email inquiries, please.
Job Categories: Other. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts management, development, fund-raising, manager, marketing, and non-profit. States: California.
Please Share the Development Manager job: