Full-Time Development Director
Development Director Position
The Development Director is responsible for the qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and will manage strategies for existing donors in addition to processing and acknowledging all gifts.
The Director will work closely with Founding General Director and Board Development Committee to establish an annual development plan which will meet the fund raising goals of Utah Festival Opera & Musical Theatre. She/He will participate in strategy development, conduct research for donor prospects, and work collaboratively with marketing and ticketing to carry out direct-mail campaigns and other means to increase donor memberships from existing patrons.
The Director must be able to make qualification calls and visits to solicit and recognize donors appropriately. She/He should be able to competently discuss gift vehicles (cash, securities, planned gifts, and real property) with donors in order to tailor proposals to donor needs and interests.
The Director must maintain a working rapport with Founding General Director, and be able to accompany him to fundraising events and meetings and attend appropriate events held by nonprofit organizations in the state.
She/He will raise funds through grant writing and soliciting contributions from existing and prospective donors, and communicate regularly via reports, letters, calls and other means with foundations, organizations, local and state government entities, and individuals who financialy support UFOMT.
She/He will solicit season sponsorships from foundations, corporations, local & state government and individuals.
The Director will plan and execute special events including an annual gala dinner and donor appreciation event, send annual statements for all tax deductible donations, serve as staff representative on appropriate board committees, and handle all oral and written communication for Development Office.
- Minimum 5 years fundraising and grant writing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field
- Strong communication skills, including excellent writing and editing skills
- Persistence and resourcefulness in developing and executing solicitation strategies and closing gifts
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Highly developed organizational skills, including ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple prospects and requests
- Ability to foster positive interpersonal relationships and professional image with external and internal constituencies
- Ability to travel
- Master’s Degree in applicable field
- Record of success in establishing positive relationships with donors and successful grant writing and fundraising
- Knowledge and experience with Tessitura
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and references to email@example.comJob Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: development, director, fund-raising, opera, and theatre. States: Utah.
Please Share the Development Director job: