Full-Time Development Director
Grand Teton Music Festival seeks a dynamic Development Director (DD) to lead the organization’s annual and long-term fundraising.
The successful Development Director will be a confident and successful fundraiser with the ability to consistently achieve ambitious contributed revenue goals. The Development Director will possess the skills to effectively build consensus where teamwork is required. The selected individual will demonstrate excellent critical thinking, interpersonal, communication, and strategic planning skills, with an innate ability to articulate compelling messages for support both verbally and in writing. Receptive to new ideas and sincerely devoted to authentic relationships with donors and colleagues, the Development Director will be a self-directed and emotionally intelligent leader. This individual will possess the flexibility to work with diverse personalities and build a high-functioning and integrated team that will be effective in high energy environments. The Development Director will demonstrate tact, diplomacy, attention to detail, respect for others, and a cultural sensitivity while creating a work environment that is productive, engaging, and supportive.
A bachelor’s degree is required, as well as a minimum of 10 years of fundraising experience in a nonprofit organization, ideally within the arts and culture field. Qualified candidates will possess a proven ability to close five and six figure gifts. Exceptional public speaking skills are required. Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and advanced donor research and customer relationship management systems (Vendini and Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge) are necessary. Knowledge of classical music is preferred as well as a sense of humor.
The Development Director will report to Grand Teton Music Festival’s Executive Director (and in the meantime the Interim Executive Director), and supervises two full-time and one part-time staff.
GTMF offers a competitive and comprehensive salary and benefits package including health, dental and vision insurances as well as 403(b) matching.
Roles and Responsibilities
Donor Cultivation and Engagement
- Develop and implement, in partnership with the Executive Director and Board of Directors, a long- and short-term fundraising plan that will meet ongoing institutional financial goals and needs.
- Assess the status of current fiscal year fundraising efforts and provide focus, direction, and support as needed.
- Significantly grow contributed revenue within one year to support the Music Director’s ambitious artistic vision and the organization’s Education and Outreach goals.
- Coordinate and assist the Executive Director and Board of Directors in preparing for a multi-million dollar 60thanniversary campaign in 2021.
- Create and implement a robust and revenue generating planned giving program in collaboration with the Executive Director within one year.
- Research, develop, implement, and document a systemic approach to donor lists and prospecting, cultivation, engagement, stewardship, and recognition opportunities for all donors, subscribers, and sponsors.
- Proactively collaborate and support the Executive Director, Board Chair, and Chair of the Development Committee in all fundraising activities
- Create a streamlined and effective multiyear plan for personal engagement opportunities with top donors and prospects.
Internal and External Advocacy
Collaborate with the Executive Director, Board Chair, and Institutional Advancement Committee to ensure a strong pipeline of prospective board members who will build the diversity, skillset, and fundraising capacity of the board of directors.
Collaborate with the Artistic Department to engage and include the Music Director, musicians, and guest artists on a consistent basis in the cultivation of donors and all fundraising opportunities.
Possess strong aptitude for public speaking and ability to communicate GTMF’s mission, vision, values, and goals with credibility, passion, and enthusiasm.
Professionally represent GTMF in the Jackson Hole Community.
Maintain a robust schedule of attending concerts, fundraising and engagement events, and other activities that support GTMF’s goals with the ability to work flexible hours frequently on evenings and weekends.
Team Mentorship and Development Operations
Recruit, retain, and provide inspirational leadership to a high-performing team of motivated development professionals with an appropriate balance of skills and experiences.
Establish work plans, performance objectives, and goals; regularly review performance.
Lead the development department’s creation, implementation, and documentation of a robust and accurate contributed revenue forecasting system, evaluating progress to goals and redirecting efforts in a timely manner.
Evaluate and employ a full spectrum of fundraising opportunities, including personal solicitation, direct mail, social media, and email.
Monitor revenue and expense budgets; prepare and present accurate and timely reporting and analysis.
Applications and Inquiries
To submit a cover letter and resume with a summary of demonstrable accomplishments, please send an email to email@example.com.
Application Deadline is March 9, 2020.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: culture, director, fund-raising, music, non-profit, and recruitment. States: Wyoming.
Please Share the Development Director job: