Full-Time Job Development Associate – Museum
Reporting to the Chief Philanthropy Officer, the Development Associate provides administrative support and coordination to the Development Team and Director’s office, participating in all fundraising activities including donor relations, appeals, and special events.
This position implements plans for fund-raising activities and coordinates and administers fundraising projects and assists in developing materials.
This position plays a key role in donor research – identification, cultivation, stewardship and preparation for solicitation activities. He/she contributes to success of department by helping to meet all fund-raising goals.
Full time job position, 37.5 hours per week.
• Keeps the departmental files including tracking and archiving of all forms of communications to individual donors, foundations and corporations
• Provides key support for stewardship activities, including sponsor fulfillment and the management of donor recognition process
• Processes donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
• Maintains foundation, corporation and individual donor files and records in the database including the Moves Management system and in hard copy files and assists with strategy sheets.
• Assists with production and mailing of appeal letters.
• Handles special projects and assignments related to the fundraising process.
• Conducts research on donor affinity groups, corporations, and foundations to identify prospects and works on strategy sheets.
• Coordinates onsite and offsite development cultivation and patron events, including invitations, RSVPs, and assists with event logistics.
• Coordinates development communications efforts, maintaining development marketing materials.
• Assists in developing materials for specific fundraising activities including notes for talks, scripts for phone calls and other support materials for volunteers and solicitors
• Coordinates online giving campaigns, including updates on NRM development web pages.
• Handles all administrative details associated with the National Council meetings (i.e. prepares and distributes notices, scheduling, agendas, minutes, etc.).
• Assembles required materials for fundraising events and meetings
• Coordinates fundraising scheduling and materials needs with Director’s office
• Provides administrative support to the Chief Philanthropy Officer
• Performs other duties as needed.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field, minimum of three years’ experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit development office, and/or a combination of both.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Database management experience – Abila, Raiser’s Edge, or similar development software essential.
• Proficiency in social media tools.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work effectively with deadlines.
• Possess social graces and good etiquette.
• Some weekend and evening work required.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply to Holly Coleman, Director of Human Resources, email@example.com
P.O. Box 308, Stockbridge, MA 01262
|• Job Title:||Development Associate – Museum|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Norman Rockwell Museum|
|• Location:||Stockbridge, Massachusetts, United States|