Part-Time Development Associate
PART-TIME DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE JOB OPENING
Eugene Opera is a professional opera company located in Eugene Oregon. Now in its’ 42nd season, the company is a Resident Company at the Hult Center for the Performing Arts. The company presents traditional and new works that feature internationally renowned artists and local talent. The company has a small professional staff and is located in the Midtown Arts Center.
The part-time DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE provides support for all fund-raising efforts of the Executive Director and the Board of Directors, including managing the donor database, interfacing with donors, identifying new prospects and planning special events.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain donor records in DonorPerfect and create donor mailing lists
• Identify new individual prospects and initiate meetings for the Executive Director and Board
• Research new grant opportunities
• Create initial draft of grant proposals
• Conduct and track campaigns such as seasonal ask letters
• In conjunction with the Executive Director, plan special events such as galas and fund-raising dinners
• In conjunction with the Executive Director, identify opportunities for corporate support
• Additional duties as required
• Experience with databases and detail-oriented approach to record-keeping
• Experience with Excel
• Excellent communicator and interpersonal skills
• Excellent writing skills / grant-writing skills preferred
• Prefer 1-3 years’ work experience in non-profit administration
• Bachelor’s degree required
The job is .5 FTE (20 hours weekly.) This position has the potential to develop into a full-time position over time.
Email resume and cover letter describing prior experience and why you are well-suited for the job to Erika Rauer, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls please.
Open until filled.
Please Share the Development Associate job: