Development and Patron Services Associate
ABOUT Crowded Fire Theater (CFT) seeks to contribute to the creation of new plays that truly reflect the world in which we live. In addition to a mainstage season, we offer a robust new play development program where we explore inventive writing forms and innovative design, selecting plays that disrupt and complicate comfortable notions of cultural hierarchy and experiment with form.
ABOUT Golden Thread Productions (GTP) is the first American theatre company dedicated to Middle Eastern cultures and identities as represented throughout the globe. We are an artistic home to people of all cultural backgrounds focused on developing and producing aesthetically varied and viscerally engaging theatrical work from and about the Middle East.
Job Title: Development and Patron Services Associate
Reports to: CFT & GTP Managing Directors
Summary of Position:
Crowded Fire Theater and Golden Thread Productions are seeking a Development and Patron Services Associate. This is a shared administrative position serving both companies, which operate in partnership with each other, having shared functions including rehearsal and administrative space, artistic programming, vendors, services, and audience outreach efforts. This unique opportunity is ideal for a candidate interested in a career in non-profit arts management.
PURPOSE – Under the direct supervision of senior staff members, this key position will be responsible for the management of patron and donor information and will provide support for development and patron services. This team member will foster our audience and donor development goals by performing back-end donor cultivation procedures, providing exceptional customer service, and processing accurate box office and donation information. Additionally this position will assist with basic marketing, outreach and operational projects as time allows.
Essential Job Functions
- Providing support for major donor development via prospect cultivation and moves management administration by executing processes that help identify & cultivate new and existing donors and deepen their engagement with the organization.
- Processing donations and gift acknowledgements
- Maintaining, updating and reporting accurate donor/patron data
- Supporting the creation of fundraising campaigns, including solicitation and renewal materials
- Assisting with logistics for donor events.
- Processing ticket requests for patrons, VIPs, pass-holders, donors, sponsors, and groups
- Providing quality customer service to patrons via phone and email.
- Preparing pre/post-show patron emails
- Building ticketing events, running box office reports, and maintaining comp ticket lists
Additional duties may include:
- Assisting with grants management activities such as maintaining annual calendar, conducting research, and supporting applications and reporting.
- Supporting marketing, outreach and engagement activities by distributing materials, posting on social media, or representing both theaters at events.
- Supporting Night of Show and Front of House duties on-site during performances as needed.
- Participating in special projects and providing administrative support under the direction of the leadership team and in collaboration with other team members.
- Working collaboratively with the teams of both theaters to uphold an organizational culture of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, strategic and analytical thinking with an ability to manage multiple projects at once, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- A collaborative spirit; self-motivating and adaptable approach; excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; and an ability to work with varied communication styles.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications, including Word, Excel, email and Google suite; familiarity with CRM (customer relationship management), online databases, and social media desired.
- Experience in fundraising a plus.
- Commitment to equity and inclusion, and the ability to work with diverse groups of artists and audiences. The ideal candidate will be politically aware and sensitive to the plurality of thought and culture both within the Middle East and its world-wide diaspora.
- A dedication to working within the guiding vision of the companies including a passion for transformative stories, perspectives, and voices; and respect for an artist-centered approach.
We believe that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications above. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
This is a full-time non-exempt, 40 hour per week job, reporting to the Managing Directors of Crowded Fire and Golden Thread. Pay range is between $20-$22/hour, commensurate with experience. Our offices are located in San Francisco’s Potrero Hill neighborhood. During productions (3-5 times per year), some on-site evening and weekend hours will be required. This position is a flexible combination of remote and in-person work.
Crowded Fire Theater and Golden Thread Productions provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or gender. Crowded Fire is a former member and Golden Thread is a current member of Theater Communications Group’s Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Institute. Both companies operate fully vaccinated workplaces.
Please email a resume and a detailed cover letter explaining your interest in the position and our organizations, along with the names and contact information for three or more references, to GoldenThread@CrowdedFire.org, subject line: Development and Patron Services Associate.
Please make sure that references are from current and/or former supervisors and that information includes names, phone numbers, and the name of the organization where you worked with each person.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled. Early submissions are encouraged.
No phone calls or packets by regular mail, please.
Further information is available at www.crowdedfire.org/opportunities/ or www.goldenthread.org/about/opportunities/
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: development, Donor Development, Patron Services, performing arts, and Theater Administration. States: California.
Please Share the Development and Patron Services Associate job: